Cottage Senior Living
Department: Resident Services
Supervisor: Resident Service Director
Primary Work Area: Cottage, Office, Resident Apartment
Resident and Family Customer Service
Resident Service and Personal Assistance
- Provides exceptional customer service at all times to all Residents, families, and guests.
- Exemplify, at all times, the Cottage 4 A's: Ability, Attitude, Appearance, and Attendance.
- Greet all visitors warmly and enthusiastically.
- Seek to preserve each Resident's independence, choice, dignity and respect.
- Provide personal care and services for optimum social, health, and welfare functioning of all Residents in accordance with written Cottage policies and procedures, State and health department regulations, and Residents' Rights to include:
- Responding to the pull cord system and calls for assistance as required. Assisting all Residents in the event of an emergency.
- Assistance with ADL's including ambulating, transfers, bathing, toileting, dressing, grooming, meals etc.
- Assist in performing, monitoring and supervision of daily personal hygiene of Residents.
- Assist Residents with medications in accordance to the written policies and state and health department regulations.
- Accompany Residents to scheduled appointments as directed by supervisor.
- Observes Residents and notes physical conditions, attitude, and reactions, appetites, etc. and reports changes/unusual findings.
- Communicates with cottage managers in reference to personal assistance services or other services needed to maintain quality of services to Residents and reports changes in Residents' physical condition as appropriate.
- Assists in conducting activities and special events.
- Serves Residents in the Cottage dining room in a professional, friendly manner according to established policies and procedures.
- Answers telephones as required.
- Performs assigned clerical duties.
- Assists in recording of accurate records for daily activity of each Resident.
- Properly clean Residents apartments in accordance to policy, procedures and Cottage schedule.
- Launder Resident's clothing and linens in accordance to policy, procedures and Cottage schedule
- Properly clean all common areas of Cottage in accordance with policy, procedures and Cottage schedule
- Communicates with management any maintenance issues that required attention.
- Develops positive working relationships with Residents, families, management, and staff.
- Fully understand all emergency procedures and act responsibly in the event of a fire, or other emergency.
- Continues professional growth through current literature.
- Recommends changes in effective use of space and equipment.
Resident Focus - Considers the impact on residents when making decisions. Ensures that all activities and/or initiatives contribute to preserving resident dignity, choice, and independence. Makes an effort to understand how all components of CSL impact the residents.
Quality Assurance - Checks and maintains accuracy and consistency in all work activities. Follows effective methods for staying organized, efficient, and maintaining quality. Manages multiple demands while maintaining accuracy and consistency; shifts priorities and resources to match changing needs.
Continuous Improvement - Modifies or develops ideas, methods, or procedures to respond to changing circumstances, unexpected obstacles, and/or unique needs. Actively evaluates own strengths and weaknesses and views mistakes as a learning opportunity. Open to feedback and committed to ongoing improvement in work processes. Shares insights on best practices with others in the organization.
Collaboration - Recognizes, appreciates, and leverages the strengths of others Engages in effective, 2-way communication with coworkers, residents, and/or residents' families to make decisions. Incorporates feedback and information from others to make decisions.
Accountability - Solves problems without being told to do so. Considers costs and consequences to CSL and residents before making decisions and taking action. Fulfills commitments and achieves goals. Takes personal responsibility for mistakes; avoids blaming others.
Passion and Commitment - Proactively offers help to others to ensure resident care and the mission of CSL is fulfilled. Expresses care and concern for resident well-being. Asks questions in order to understand needs. Strives to meet and exceed expectations.
Integrity - Chooses the ethical course of action even when it is difficult and the result might be disadvantageous. Is forthright in communications with others: does not hold back important information. Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
Respect - Demonstrates sincere interest in residents, residents' families, members of the community, and coworkers. Resolves interpersonal conflict constructively. Demonstrates sensitivity, respect, and awareness of cultural and individual values. Visibly supports an environment where a variety of viewpoints are accepted, encouraged, and valued.
Position Specific Competencies
- Must provide exceptional customer service.
- Must have ability to work well with others and independently.
- Must have personality with which others can communicate easily.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds unassisted and 125 pounds per person in a two-person lift.
- Must demonstrate proper body mechanics as required to lift or assist in a lift.
- Must be able to read, write, and make simple calculations and follow both oral and written instructions.
- Must have a sense of responsibility and integrity as well as overall common sense.
- Sincere desire to work with the elderly and the infirmed.
- Overall good physical and mental health.
- Overall patient and compassionate.
- Familiar with gerontology and overall view of health care delivery.
- Will be regular in attendance, with the right attitude and attire.
CareerBuilder - 18 months ago