Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, we operate in over 50 countries and employ over 140,000 people.
We provide large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs. Our clients also benefit from access to the breadth of expertise across Barclays. We’re one of the largest financial services providers in the world, and are also engaged in retail banking, credit cards, corporate banking, and wealth and investment management.
Job Description: The Business Analyst (BA) position presents a challenging and unique opportunity for a highly motivated analyst and problem-solver. The BA will join a small team that manages and oversees a portfolio of business critical systems and strategic initiatives for Barclays’ Investment Banking Division (IBD).
In this capacity, the BA will work closely with senior team members to deliver best-in-class process analysis and system enhancements for a range of IBD stakeholders, including senior IBD management, Finance, Operations, bankers, and assistants. For the right candidate, the BA role represents an opportunity to develop valuable consultative and project management skills, own and drive initiatives, and gain broad exposure to various aspects of investment banking.
The Business Analyst will join the Business Planning and Technology (BPT) team and will partner with technology counterparts in Investment Banking Technology (IBT) to analyze and solve problems for a variety of IBD clients. In this capacity, the BA will play a pivotal role supporting Barclays’ Investment Banking Division.
- For technology-related initiatives, perform and coordinate requirements analysis, design, testing, deployment, and support phases of system development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Interview stakeholders to gather and document project requirements, survey and document current business processes, and recommend business process improvements
- Act as a liaison between IBD’s business users and its staff in IBT
- Develop relevant documentation to facilitate knowledge transfer and change management
- Analyze data to identify meaningful business trends and facilitate integration among various systems
- Develop and drive to project plans for multiple initiatives – both process and technology-related – in parallel
- Present findings and recommendations to stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Understand the full suite of IBD tools, technology and operations and how they are used by management and bankers
- Provide hands-on tutorials and training sessions for BPT’s core tools and technology to specific user groups as needed
- Serve as a trusted advisor to BPT and ambassador to its client base in resolving business critical and time-sensitive inquiries
OneWire Inc. - 13 months ago
Barclays Bank is the flagship subsidiary of global financial group Barclays PLC. The bank is primarily active in the UK, where it has some 1...