The Eyewear Consultant (EC) analyzes prescriptions to make recommendations that provide the highest quality vision care to our patients. The EC fits, measures and adjusts eyeglasses to exceed the patients needs and expectations. Additionally, problem solves any difficulty a patient may experience regarding vision care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide patients with exceptional customer service by understanding and assisting the patient’s needs.
- Guide and assist patients in the eyewear and frame/lens selection process, by using extensive knowledge of product lines and options to educate patient.
- Converse with patients to analyze and assess patient’s vision problems and needs.
- Maximize sales by using the company’s sales concept.
- Provide patients with comprehensive explanation of their insurance benefits.
- Understand the company’s cost of goods and retail fee schedules
- Capturing Exam Only.
- Educate patient on the adaptation of new Rx’s and care of lenses.
- Use pupillometer, PD ruler and other technical aids for proper fit and measurements.
- Complete lens & frame information, enter full information into POS software and ensure manager signs off.
- Promise accurate delivery & turnaround times meeting the patients’ needs. Immediately notify patient of any delays of delivery times.
- Understand all promotions, coupons and third party programs available through myeyedr.
- Conducts “Care Calls” on a daily basis to patients who received their eyewear one week prior.
- Use lensometer to neutralize, verify and make a final inspection of eyewear.
- Notify and re-notify patients when eyeglasses are complete for dispensing.
- Fit and adjust completed eyewear for each patient.
- Clean and merchandise displays on a daily basis, displaying effective merchandise at all times.
- Accurately process patient payment transactions.
- Help maintain the attractive appearance of the office.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- AA or BA/BS in related field is desirable.
- 1-3 years of related eyewear experience within a similar office environment
- Demonstrated success in a retail, office environment addressing a broad spectrum of customer requirements and preferences.
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive patient rapport and build relationships to establish repeat customer-trends.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) with the proven ability to manage priorities in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and ensure that patient commitments/deadlines are met
- Proficiency in utilization of automated equipment and systems standard to the optometry industry
MyEyeDr. - 17 months ago