We are currently seeking a Water/Wastewater Project Manager in our Des Moines office to lead and deliver Water and Wastewater projects in the State of Iowa. This position is responsible for the development and management of all aspects of municipal water and wastewater system project planning, design, and construction.
The Project Manager will have a Midwestern US network of water/wastewater connections and regional expertise in one or more of the following:
Primary duties include:
- Wastewater conveyance
- Wastewater treatment and residuals handling
- Water distribution and storage
- Water treatment
- Leading the team for delivery of water/wastewater projects
- Participating in local water and wastewater professional organizations and preparing, coordinating, and presenting market specific papers and presentations
- Assisting in marketing business opportunities with key clients and development of responses to RFP/RFQs. Provide marketing and technical leadership and support during the procurement and execution of projects.
- Leading specification and contract document preparation including permitting, property acquisition, and stakeholder involvement.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of others on projects including remote design staff to ensure proper and timely execution on projects. Successfully manage and deliver projects on time and on budget
Background requirements include:
10+ years of relevant experience
PE license in Iowa or possess the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
Membership in AWWA; WEF is a plus
The successful candidate will enjoy the technical management of water/wastewater project delivery; the development and maintenance of close client and staff relationships; possess the ability to execute creative approaches to project delivery; and personal dedication to serving client needs.
The Project Manager will be based in Des Moines, Iowa.
Stanley Consultants is an international employee-owned consulting firm providing Planning, Design and Construction Management services in Water, Energy, and Transportation. We are celebrating 100 years in 2013 and believe in empowering our employees to achieve their professional potential.
- BS in Civil Engineering/Environmental Engineering (M
Stanley Consultants, Inc. - 2 years ago