Noblis is a nonprofit science, technology and strategy organization that helps clients solve complex systems, process and infrastructure problems in ways that benefit the public. We bring the best of scientific thought and engineering know-how to find solutions that are practical, efficient and effective. You will find Noblis at work in many fields, including information technology and telecommunications; management consulting; national and homeland security; transportation; healthcare; criminal justice; energy and the environment; oceans, atmosphere and space; and public safety.
Noblis is consistently recognized as a "Great Place to Work" and "One of the Best Mid-Sized Companies to Work For" by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the Great Places to Work Institute, and AARP. Noblis was also named to the "World's Most Ethical Companies" list by the Ethisphere Institute at the Forbes, Ethisphere Joint Conference.
Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace Equal Opportunity Employer
- Aid in the development of a face comparison workstation and supporting integration platform using test driven development in multiple languages and open source frameworks, particularly Java
- Assist in the installation and management of workstation and platform deployments
- Support the management of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines including supporting hardware and software
- Work with development team to understand and define the needs/issues of the user community
- Create and maintain deployment documentation
You are responsible for learning and using Noblis’ standard principles, concepts, processes, structure, techniques, tools, and
methodologies to solve routine real-world problems using basic skills. As a Career Band 1 employee, you apply particular project or technical/functional area knowledge and concepts, and operate with close supervision, following direction and guidance from others. You engage independently in activities such as research, data gathering, data manipulation, and interpretation; you consolidate findings and identify key themes from gathered data and analysis. You begin to demonstrate personal flexibility through learning and self-development and the ability to communicate effectively with others.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree in software science or a related field with relevant experience in software development.
Highly desirable experience includes:
Other desirable experience includes:
- Configuration and Management of Software Systems
- Databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle, Apache CouchDB, BigCouch)
- Application Servers (JBOSS)
- Virtualization ( Linux KVM/ QEMU, Virt Manager, Virtual Box)
- Configuration Management (Puppet)
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
- Monitoring (Munin, Nagios)
- CVS (Git)
- Repository Managers (Artifactory, Maven)
- Issue Tracking (VersionOne, Redmine, JIRA)
- Operating System Support
- Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian)
- Configuration and Management of Hardware and Network Systems:
- Agile development
- Groovy, Grails, HTML5 development
- Gradle, Maven, or Ant build tools
- Eclipse and IntelliJ IDEA IDE’s
- Experience with Infrastructure as a Service solutions such as CloudStack, OpenStack, and Eucalyptus
- Experience with public and private Platform as a Service implementations
- Tape Backup