Responsible for developing appropriate talent acquisition strategies and managing the end-to-end talent acquisition process to deliver agreed targets for roles within assigned business areas, ensuring that the right candidates are recruited, at the right time, at the right price. Partnering with the business, the role holder will provide both consultative and transactional talent acquisition support to deliver a comprehensive and value added service, covering the all employed worker (internal and external) local and cross border hires and transfers, ensuring all talent acquisition activity is aligned to and effectively communicates the employer brand.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Qualifications & Skills
- Design and deliver innovative sourcing strategies and solutions to meet business growth needs and generate diverse pools of applicants whilst closely controlling cost bases
- Proactively search for, identify, network with and directly contact active and passive job seekers, both internally and externally, for hard-to-hire, evergreen and specific vacancies, sourcing the very best candidates using a variety of channels that are aligned to and effectively communicate the employer brand including:
- Conducting pure research and name generation activities
- Online advertising (careers website, external job board postings) and automated electronic candidate searches
- Networking at professional and trade events, and careers fairs, and partnering with Government Labour Agencies
- Develop effective pre-screening questions in PeopleSoft to maximize process efficiency, short listing CVs against the JR requirements, actively reviewing and challenging the diversity of talent pools
- Efficient end to end applicant management for each JR i.e. timely review and short listing of applications, promptly updating applicants and responding to any queries, liaising with Talent Acquisition Coordinator regarding interview and assessment arrangements, briefing and preparing candidates for interview (directly or via agencies)
- Complete identification, legal right to work and address verification during interview process
- Co-ordinate timely provision of feedback between the hiring manager, suppliers (where relevant) and candidates. Responsible for updating interview notes in PeopleSoft and ensuring timely and appropriate completion of the same by co-interviewers
- Ensure all required approvals are obtained before offers are made (e.g. high remuneration recruits process)
- For international moves: work with relevant stakeholders to determine the applicable international move policy type; initiate cost estimate generation and obtain hiring manager approval; prepare the business case for the international move and ensure completion of all move approval requirements (including supporting the business in setting appropriate move objectives and end of assignment plans). Attend new hire assignee briefing calls
How To Apply
- In-depth experience and a successful track record in Talent Acquisition: commercial experience (in-house or search firm) of retained search and selection, or contingency and multi channel recruitment, with a successful track record in management level job filling within a complex recruitment model / environment, preferably financial services.
- Able to deal with high recruitment volumes as well as more specialist vacancies, managing multiple vacancies at any time across a variety of disciplines
- Understanding and experience of developing sourcing strategies and managing multiple recruitment channels to deliver recruitment targets within budget. Experience managing / working with PSLs and non-PSLs and good knowledge of the market place, competitors and best practice
- Knowledge of HR databases (e.g. PeopleSoft)
- In-depth experience of in house recruitment at a strategic level
- Experience in an international professional services / banking environment
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by registering or logging in to our careers website www.standardchartered.com/careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information to hand when completing your application
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.
Standard Chartered Bank - 22 months ago
Standard Bank Group sets the standard for sub-Saharan banking. Standard Bank, South Africa's largest bank, offers a variety of retail...