Corporate Communications Manager
This role has responsibility for supporting certain foundation teams within Monsanto, including technology and human resources as well as the Monsanto Fund. In addition to executing proactive communications plans, the person in this role will assist in handling corporate media inquiries and announcements related to employee topics, corporate giving and the R&D pipeline. This role also will offer external communications support as needed to Monsanto sites outside of St. Louis.
This candidate will manage media outreach with local St. Louis media, regional and national media, and some trade publications and will assist with media inquiries and proactive outreach. The primary role is to develop and promotes stories surrounding Monsanto’s employee initiatives and philanthropic efforts. This will include sometimes serving as a Company spokesperson and liaison with international, national, local and trade media. The successful candidate will have experience creating and fostering relationships with key media contacts. Additionally, this candidate will work to prepare and engage Monsanto employees and executives for proactive media outreach and other media requests.
Intra-Department and Company Team Support:
This role involves developing relationships with and supporting clients in the human resources, corporate services and technology organizations. In this capacity, the individual will work closely with the other members of the business communications team and foundation teams as appropriate.
This role will support planning and communications surrounding key events led by the business communications team.
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field.
· Minimum of five years relevant experience, with public relations agency or corporate experience and/or a journalism background preferred.
· Proven mainstream media relations experience, including development of press releases, statements and related materials and direct interaction to demonstrate the ability to build media relationships.
· Strong writing and listening skills are essential, as is the ability to manage several projects simultaneously within required deadlines.
Desired skills/education/experience/attributes (ideal candidate):
· Exceptional writing, editing and listening skills.
· Experience in working with members of the media.
· The ability to prioritize and to juggle multiple projects concurrently while meeting critical deadlines.
· The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment.
· Established relationships with mainstream media.
Monsanto - 10 months ago
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on...