Start your future at Daktronics. Daktronics is recognized worldwide as a leader in the large display industry. The company sells, designs, manufactures, and services a variety of display products that breakdown into five business units: Live Events, Schools and Theatres, Commercial, Transportation, and International.
Qualified interns are eligible to receive a housing stipend and tuition reimbursement for internship credit during the qualified internship period. As a Daktronics coop, you will get an opportunity to shadow an experienced Daktronics engineer and apply classroom knowledge.
As a Qualified Manufacturing Engineering Intern, you will actively participate in the manufacturing process by acting as a liaison between the manufacturing and engineering departments. We are seeking a dedicated and highly motivated individual who is not only interested in developing professionally, but also drawn to being able to play an active role in the world’s leader in Large Format Electronic Display Systems.
Some of the primary responsibilities of this position include:
1. Coordinate with Manufacturing and Engineering on product and material flow through the facility.
2. Update and propose new facility layouts according to facility flow studies
3. Oversee implementation of incremental product improvements through ECO process suggestions and overall process improvement opportunities
4. Assist with the testing of prototype designs to gather feedback and determine effectiveness.
5. Assist manufacturing with test procedures, troubleshooting techniques, electrical repair and design or build of test equipment.
6. Work effectively as a team member, work with little supervision, help when and where needed, make suggestions for process and product improvement, communicate effectively with team members.
7. Be at work on time and maintain good attendance. Be willing to work additional hours as necessary.
8. Other duties as needed to assist manufacturing departments.
9. Wear all proper protective equipment as required in work area in accordance with Daktronics Safety Policy and OSHA standards. Equipment includes: safety glasses, safety shoes/boots, hearing protection, electrostatic discharge wear and others as determined necessary by Daktronics Risk and Safety Department.
1. Fulltime student or recent graduate pursuing a Bachelor Degree in Engineering preferably in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
2. Required to take a semester off. The internships begins January 13, 2014 and runs through August 15, 2014. Work through the Cooperative Education/Internship Program at accredited university and Faculty Coordinator to arrange for credit while participating in this 7 month internship.
3. Computer skills and Microsoft Office knowledge are essential.
4. Presentational, organizational, planning and creative problem solving skills are essential.
5. Strong sense of teamwork and ownership is essential.
6. Detail and documentation oriented
7. Effectively work with a wide variety of people
8. Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
9. Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
10. Background check may be conducted.
11. Valid driver’s license and good driving record. Motor vehicle records will be checked.
12. Ability to operate automated equipment and/or hand tools.
13. Work with some odors.
14. Ability to lift and carry heavy (up to 50lbs) and/or awkward items. Be able to stand for the full shift.
15. Required GPA of 3.0 or greater.
16. We do not sponsor immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics - 14 months ago
Daktronics, Inc. is a supplier of electronic scoreboards, large electronic display systems and related marketing services, digital messaging...