The Human Resources Manager is responsible for driving HR and business strategic priorities at his/her respective site(s). The selected individual will use knowledge of employment law, external business circumstances, industry and HR best practices to operate proactively on behalf of client organizations. This role consults with managers on complex HR issues that impact individual, teams and sites. The successful candidate ensures the site objectives are aligned with overall corporate and business unit priorities and assists in leading change in the site(s) that positively impacts business results.
Promote Intergenerational Leadership
Drives the local talent agenda in partnership with HR colleagues and business leaders; thoroughly understands the talent needs within the geographic footprint; addresses talent issues before they impact the business
Assesses and develops individual and organizational capabilities of local leadership and provides appropriate interventions
Executes clear plan for building leadership capability within site(s)
Increase Employee Engagement
Creates a business environment built around fairness, equity, diversity and inclusion
Provides and educates managers on tools and resources to ensure high-impact onboarding
Partner with Employee Relations Team on a range of technical HR issues across the business to ensure that best practices, legal requirements and internal practices are applied
Leverages data and provide insight to identify strengths and gaps in the workforce and work environment; partner with HR colleagues and business leaders to drive results
Collaborates with local leaders to develop and execute initiatives that will promote engagement
Drive Desired Culture and Organizational Change
Shapes the culture required to deliver the company’s strategy at a local level; act as a change agent
Drives FDC’s mission, vision and values in all work
Ensures performance measurement and assessment tools are leveraged
Influences both strategic and tactical business decisions
Enhance HR Operational Excellence
Partners closely with HR colleagues (HR Business Partners, COEs, HR Service Delivery) and on-site/in-region business leaders to drive key strategic initiatives.
Develops and delivers new programs and processes to leaders and employees in a consistent, timely manner
Leads and/or collaborates on cross functional teams to develop global processes and policies that can be leveraged enterprise-wide
increases and enables employee and manager self-service Job Specific Responsibilities This position requires that the successful candidate must be a lawful permanent resident or US Citizen. Candidate Requirements
The successful HR Manager will possess 5+ years of Human Resources Generalist experience.
- This leader will understand all aspects of Human Resources including Organizational Development, Training and Employee Relations.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in effectively influencing managers and business partners in the successful achievement of business and Human Resources initiatives is needed.
- The selected individual will also demonstrate a history of achieving results by leveraging the support of an extended HR team including Centers of Excellence and HR Business Partners to provide consistent, reliable, high quality support to the organization.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, courage to challenge the status quo in the pursuit of business success and the ability to influence at all levels to point of commitment are needed.
- Display exceptional problem resolution and change management skills as well as a history of solid judgment decisions.
- Strong analytical skills needed.
- Broad understanding of all aspects of HR including but not limited to employee relations, talent management, talent acquisition, compensation, benefits, OSHA and state and Federal laws .
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration or related area required. Strong experience with Microsoft Office suite of products.
Whether you are just beginning your career or have many years of experience, First Data can provide you with a wealth of exciting challenges...