A person who has a master's degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, and has 1 year of social work experience in a health care setting. (Federal Regulation)
Must have graduated from an accredited school of social work and have one year of experience in social services. Must be licensed in the state of practice.
If the agency furnishes medical social services, those services are given by a qualified social worker or by a qualified social work assistant under the supervision of a qualified social worker, and in accordance with the physician’s plan of care .
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assists the physician and other members of the health team in understanding significant social and emotional factors regarding health problems.
- Assesses the social and emotional factors in order to estimate the patient’s capacity and potential to cope with problems of daily living.
- Helps the patient to understand, accept and follow medical recommendations and provide services planned to restore the patient to optimum social and health adjustments.
- Assists patients and families with personal and environmental difficulties which predispose towards illness or interfere with obtaining maximum benefits from medical care.
- Identifies resources, such as family and community agencies to assist patient to resume life in the community or to learn to live within his disability.
- Participates in team conferences and PI activities.
- Participates in staff education as requested.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient, Agency and employee matters.
- Participates in the development of Plan of Care.
- Prepares clinical & progress notes.
- Works with family, caregivers and resources to achieve goals.
- Uses appropriate community resources.
- Participates in discharge planning & in-service programs
- Acts as a consultant to other healthcare staff.
- Attains quarterly/annual goals as established by the DON/PCM in the quarterly/annual performance evaluation.
- Submits documentation within required timeframes.
SunCrest Healthcare, Inc. - 17 months ago