Reporting to the Director of Systems and Data Services (DSDS), maintain responsibility for day to day operations and administration of storage infrastructure.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Install and configure upgrades of Disk Subsystems and SANs. This primarily includes EMC VMAX, EMC CLARiiON, EMC VNX, Cisco MDS storage switches, NetApp Filers and Quantum Tape libraries.
2. Install and configure upgrades of Linux and Solaris drivers, patches, HBA cards, etc as well as helping to define and test standards for such.
3. Research and test new technologies in storage platforms and assist in purchasing decisions.
4. Assist with the enterprise backup system (Symantec) as necessary, verify system recoverability, and work with hardware and software vendors as needed.
5. Consult with internal customers to determine needs and provide solutions which fit within corporate and IT goals.
6. Conduct resource utilization monitoring to identify issues and find solutions before impacting business processes and applications.
7. Forecast storage growth and upgrades, monitor storage systems and SAN resource utilization.
8. Architect designs and solutions for Tier 1 systems and applications.
9. Provide Team representation in Change Control meeting
10. Provide input to platform support rotation schedule
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree required with five (5) plus years of system administration experience with Windows and/or Unix Servers and hardware. Strong understanding of Storage Area Networks, Disk Subsystems including I/O operations, spindle counts, etc., and LAN, SAN, and Server systems interoperation. Experience with Cisco IOS/SAN-OS and Veritas Clustering productions (Storage Foundation, 9iRAC, etc) preferred.
Adesa Inc. - 20 months ago
ADESA (Auto Dealers Exchange Services of America) doesn't sell cars, it sells fleets of cars. The company offers used vehicle...