Job Duties: Blue Coat is seeking a senior software engineer passionate in the design, development and testing of a Linux based secure appliance platform.
Job Requirements: We are looking for someone with:
- MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of experience performing Linux based secure appliance development – Porting Linux on new hardware, porting third party software, multiple image management
- Detailed knowledge of Linux kernel, PXE boot, RPMs, Koji, security patches.
- Experienced in system software development, and porting software to Linux.
- Proficiency in C/C++ and scripting languages (Perl, bsh, and Python) required.
- Experience with server side Java/JVM, Apache Tomcat, httpd, RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL) desirable.
- Must be a team player, able to interface with product, manufacturing and support teams.
Blue Coat Systems - 2 years ago