Provide Tier I/II desktop operating systems and application support to end user base. Monitor help desk phone and support ticketing system to receive, record and resolve issues. Identify the need for and contribute to the creation of knowledge articles for internal and customer reference. On board and Off board employees, temps, contractors and consultants. Assist with the administration of all account-based network services, including Active Directory domain end user, device and policy management, email and instant messaging, IP telephony and messaging and application-specific administrative functions.
Monitor ticketing system to document, assign and resolve end user technical problems. Follow-up with customers to ensure appropriate resolutions have been implemented
Create, update and solicit documentation from team members to ensure appropriate knowledge of systems and applications is available, As a knowledge center contributor, introduce efficiencies to support processes and provide customers with self-help resources, as appropriate
Identify, image, configure, customize, assign and deliver workstations for new users, current user equipment upgrades and current user PC re-images. Conduct new user orientation as appropriate. Retrieve, re-image and store PC equipment from separating employees, temps, contractors and consultants. Maintain PC image library. Perform all PC workstation, peripherals and IT phone moves for employee, temp, contractor and consultant physical moves. Setup laptops and projectors for conference room meetings in HQ
Provides assistance in maintaining inventory records, monitoring repairs and procuring IT-authorized hardware and software. Assists in administering Active Directory domain accounts as required. On board and Off board users by assisting in the creation and suspension of all relevant domain, email, IP phone and application accounts as necessary
- Collaborate with staff in all areas of IT
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired
- A+ and Network+ certifications
- Two years of related work experience providing Tier I and Tier II desktop application, operating system support and customer service.
- One year experience in an Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange environment preferred.
- Network and desktop knowledge and experience including experience with any of the following:
- Client Server : Windows 2003/08, UNIX
- Desktop: Windows XP/7, Outlook, Visio, Project, MS Office 2003/07/10
- Systems Management: Microsoft Systems Center
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and problem solve
- Strong time management and sense of urgency
- Troubleshooting skills to resolve issues