GOVERNMENT OF BERMUDA - The Cabinet Office
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
PS 41 - $138,145 (UNDER REVIEW) (=US$ equivalent)
Department of Education, Academic Services
A meaningful opportunity exists within the Ministry of Education to fill the post of Assistant Director, Early Childhood Education. This is the senior early childhood education and development post of the Government of Bermuda; it exists to ensure that all of Bermuda’s children are given a strong foundation for early learning.
Working under the direction of the Commissioner of Education and the Director of Academic Services, the Assistant Director, Early Childhood Education is responsible for the transformation of early childhood education and development programmes and services.
The essential responsibilities of the post are in place for the development of a continuum of high quality learning from birth through age 8 and include:
· Provision of strategic support, management and supervision of the Early Childhood Education Section;
· Oversight of the development and support for high quality early childcare through the childcare quality assurance programme in collaboration with other Ministries;
· Through broad consultation and collaboration, the co-ordination and development of national early learning standards, curriculum guidelines and indicators of success;
· The promotion of parent participation and involvement in the provision of early childhood education and development programmes and services and the conduct of community outreach to increase access of underserved children and their families to early childhood education and development programmes and services;
· The development and maintenance of appropriate data collection systems and measures to assess and track the progress of young children;
· Maintaining a high level of knowledge regarding current and developing issues and topics in early childhood education and development; and
· The preparation and responsible management of an annual budget.
The post holder must possess a Master’s degree in early childhood education or the equivalent, or an undergraduate degree in early childhood education or the equivalent, together with a relevant Master’s degree or the equivalent. The post holder must also possess a minimum of five (5) years of post-degree experience in early childhood education and development, which must include demonstrable administrative and instructional leadership, in addition to three (3) years of senior management experience. Additionally, the post holder must be eligible to possess a valid drivers license and his or her own vehicle. Experience working in support of exceptional young children would be an asset.
This position will be offered on a three (3) year contract term. Any persons wishing to be considered for the position advertised may apply by submitting a completed Government of Bermuda application form (which can be downloaded from www.gov.bm ) quoting the appropriate reference number, to the Secretary of the Public Service Commission, 3rd Floor, Ingham and Wilkinson Building, Front Street, Hamilton HM 12, BERMUDA: email: email@example.com or by fax: 441-295-2858 by the specified closing date of 26th April 2013.
Guardian Jobs - 21 months ago