A senior level project manager incorporates the basics of Program Management with a high level of strategic and personnel management skills to support the Principles of Project Management. The ideal candidate will be flexible, organized, proactive, multi-tasking and comfortable working independently.
EchoStar is a billion dollar company with over 5,000 employees worldwide and more than 25 years of experience designing, developing and distributing award-winning television set-top boxes, services and related delivery products for television. EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite operations and digital TV solutions that enhance today's home entertainment lifestyle. It’s wholly owned subsidiary, Hughes , is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband for home and office, delivering innovative network technologies and managed network services for enterprises and governments in more than 100 countries.
Among the many offerings of this combined powerhouse in broadband data and video are HughesNet ®, the market's #1 high-speed satellite Internet service; Sling Media's award-winning SlingLoaded ® technology; Move Networks' adaptive bit-rate streaming technology; and Troppus’ software suite that combines a Client Application, an Agent Application and a powerful Semantic Knowledge Management System and Blockbuster.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides high degree of forward-thinking on product development and introduction. Provides overall project leadership, program management and coordination for multiple engineering projects.
- Has top-level responsibility for development projects regarding the deliverables of product functionality, quality, cost, and development schedule
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities for projects, manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Manages interface with principle suppliers/partners on project related issues.
- Ability to negotiate contracts/business deals with suppliers/partners.
- Creates inter-functional project team and chairs regularly scheduled meetings.
- Continuously monitors project status and progress throughout the corporation and at vendors to assure meeting goals of product functionality, quality cost and schedule and report as appropriate.
- Developing, driving and maintaining a detailed master project schedule with team input
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately in Project Insight.
- Work independently to achieve high performance and to produce the desired results
- Facilitates team and client interactions effectively by managing meetings, conferences, webinars and telephone calls
- Manage projects to meet multiple and potentially conflicting timelines.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Have an entrepreneurial and creative approach to identify opportunities and solve problems
- Manage complex projects with little oversight
- Work as a team member and foster a cooperative team environment
Skills and Qualifications
- Other duties as assigned. This list is not meant to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university plus at least five years of experience; or at least ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Experience with Microsoft® Project is required.
- An understanding of general accounting and contract principles is desired as well as experience with computer-based spreadsheets, accounting systems, word processors and graphics systems.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate a range of activities is a must
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, business partners, and/or board of directors.
- Must be able to work in a team capacity as well as individually
EchoStar Corporation (EchoStar) operates two primary business units: Digital Set-Top Box business and Satellite Services business. Digital...