We are looking for a Mechanical Technician-3rd shift for our Glens Falls New York Technology Center located at the foothills of the Adirondacks in close proximity to scenic Lake George, New York, historic Saratoga Springs and within a 50 mile radius of the state capital of Albany, New York.
Summary of Position with General Responsibilities:
Under minimal supervision, provides trouble shooting, repair maintenance, equipment operator training and installation support for new and existing manufacturing equipment as well as assists in the design and development of new equipment, tooling and processes.
Essential Job Functions:
Operates and maintains all machine shop equipment, including lathes and milling machines (with or without digital readouts), surface grinder, drill presses, arbor presses, sheet metal press-brakes and shears, welding (stick and tig), brazing and silver soldering, band-saw, power hacksaw, belt sanders and all other miscellaneous tooling used in conjunction with this equipment.
• Troubleshoots and repairs all plant facility and production equipment, including CNC equipment, pneumatic and mechanical controls, tools, appliances, etc.
• Designs or makes significant contributions to the design of production and plant equipment, new processes and procedures.
• Develops and fabricates plant tooling equipment, controls, and systems based on concepts, sketches, and/or verbal instructions from facilities engineers.
• Utilizes OEE and other equipment breakdown trending tools to reduce downtime and improve machine efficiencies.
• Drafts fabrication drawings and schematics for new and existing equipment.
• Develops microprocessor controls and programs as applicable to plant facility and production equipment.
• Develops and performs preventive maintenance.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Provides technical support in the development of new calibration procedures.
• Performs calibration of gauges and/or systems as required
Must be able to read and understand all forms of engineering drawings.
Mechanical ability to recognize and troubleshoot all types of drive and feed systems.
Experience in the use of machine shop equipment.
Basic computer skills
Math skills, up to and including Trigonometry.
Knowledge of properties of materials
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge:
Flexible regarding work and shift assignments
Education and/or Experience:
Requires an Associate's degree, or three years technical experience.
Occasionally requires light physical effort as in periods of prolonged standing, sitting at machines or work tables or bending, stooping or reaching and/or occasional lifting of light items (i.e. up to 40 lbs). May require some exposure to chemicals used in manufacturing processes.
Must be able to wear personal protective equipment
C. R. Bard - 18 months ago
C. R. Bard is no upstart in the world of medical devices. The company has been in the business for more than a century and introduced the...