To provide the highest standards of customer service and maintain price integrity, stock conditions and merchandise in an efficient manner within company policy.
· Observe all store rules and company policies.
· Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe company dress code.
· Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
· Be qualified, knowledgeable, able and prepared to perform all the duties required within the department.
· Ensure quality orders and merchandising that meet the needs and standards of the store.
· Ensure Ads and promotions are set to standards.
· Perform inventory control operations, as required.
· Build displays for maximum sales and rotation.
· Block all products in assigned sections within Key Retailing standards prior to leaving at the end of schedule shift.
· Perform proper load checks.
· Assist in breaking down loads and stocking assigned sections.
· Actively sell Domestic products.
· Perform all other duties and assignments as directed.
· Greet all customers and provide prompt assistance and courteous service. Smile and make eye contact.
· Assist customers with any products that they may have difficulty handling or locating.
· Handle customer problems in a calm and reasonable manner.
· Adhere to all standards outlined in the Customer 1 st Program.
· Assist in training personnel when assigned.
· Maintain good communication in the department, store and throughout the organization.
· Notify manager or personnel of situations or policy violations having adverse effect on store operations performance or of situations requiring disciplinary action or that may potentially require such action.
· Record all shift hours worked in the Kronos Biometric Reader.
· Achieve established benchmarks by working with a ‘sense of urgency.’
· Honestly keep breaks and lunches within the prescribed time limits.
· Control excessive use of supplies.
· Follow approved procedures for receiving product, price marking, and restocking to ensure quality protection, accuracy, and product rotation.
· Order merchandise in assigned sections with the goal of maintaining inventory.
· Maintain in-stock BOH for all items within the department at all times.
· Handle damaged or spoiled product according to company policy.
· Accurately record in-store use of merchandise.
· Adhere to all policies and procedures as related to CAO.
· Protect company assets at all times.
· Keep individual payment receipt with you during breaks and lunch periods.
· Observe security standards by staying alert of customers and employees actions and behavior.
· Monitor and enforce company policies and procedures in receiving areas.
Maintenance and Safety
· Comply fully with safety policies and procedures.
· Maintain general housekeeping and sanitation standards in compliance with store policy and state and local health regulations on a regular, on-going basis.
· Assist in keeping all sales, working, and storage areas clean, clear and in good order.
· Use and maintain equipment in good working order and report any problems or malfunctions to your Store Manager/supervisor.
Tools and Equipment Used
· Box cutters, step stool, six wheeler/u-boat, totes, baler, trash compacter, telephone.
· Sales floor, Backroom, GM Cage/secure area
· Inside a store environment, moderate temperatures and lighting.
Other Job Demands
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness -Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
· Management experience preferred but not necessary.
Potential Career Path from this Position:
· Assistant Home Manager
Submit your interest through the Kroger Career Opportunities web site on the Fry’s intranet (see management for instructions if needed). Your interest must be followed by your written “Application for Posted Position" with your Store Manager’s signature. Application and interest must be received by Tuesday, March 5th, 2013 by 4:00 p.m.
Your application can be faxed to Employment at (623) 936-2295. Please complete your application thoroughly, as it will be used as a screening tool to determine who will receive an interview. All candidates may not be interviewed.
From a small grocery store founded by Ren Smith in Brigham City, Utah, Smith's Food & Drug has grown into a regional powerhouse...