Creative Art Therapist- (Dance Focus) Part-time – Bronx & Brooklyn, NY
Comunilife is one of New York City’s premier providers of housing, mental health, and HIV/AIDS services. Our programs benefit more than 2,500 people each year – helping them overcome challenges related to extreme poverty; chronic homelessness; serious behavioral and medical issues; and linguistic and acculturation barriers.
Our staff members enjoy the benefits of working with a supportive team of supervisors and peers; of receiving in-depth training and ongoing opportunities for professional development; and of being part of an organization that truly recognizes, celebrates, and promotes personal and cultural strengths.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate, dynamic, and highly skilled bi-lingual creative arts therapist in dance to join Life is Precious ™, our nationally recognized suicide prevention program for Latina teenagers, to provide creative arts therapy including intake assessments and treatment planning.
Life is Precious ™, with programs in the Bronx and Brooklyn, began in the Bronx in 2008 in response to alarming statistics about the growing rate of suicide attempts among Latina teenagers, ages 11-17. Participants are referred by Comunilife’s VIDA Guidance Center (Bronx) and Woodhull Hospital (Brooklyn) where participants also receive clinical services. Building on Latino cultural norms, this unique program provides a place where adolescents and their families can go for the broad range of services they need.
- Establishing and implementing comprehensive therapeutic individual therapy programs utilizing principles and practices of creative arts therapy
- Conducting individual assessments of patient’s strengths and weaknesses to evaluate social, cognitive, psychological and physical functioning through the creative arts process
- Developing treatment goals and objectives based on initial and ongoing assessments designed to improve functioning through the creative utilization of the techniques unique to the creative arts therapy discipline
- Implementing therapeutic interventions utilizing dance.
- Participating as an active member of the interdisciplinary treatment team by attending meetings and contributing to the formulation of individual patient comprehensive treatment plan
- Writing progress notes on patient’s behavior and responses to treatment goals
- Master’s degree in Creative Arts Therapy with appropriate board certification and license and a defined course of study addressing assessment and treatment for persons with mental illness.
- One to three years experience working with families and children, bi-lingual Spanish preferred.
- Life is Precious ™ operates evenings and weekends, so schedule flexibility is necessary. This is a part time position.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax (212) 564-3445 with the position title in the subject. We offer competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
Comunilife, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Comunilife - 15 months ago