Job Category: Operations
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job ID: 743043-32656
Division: Server & Tools Business
Do you have a passion for collaboration and coordinating resources across the Microsoft enterprise? Do you want to contribute toward the promise of utility and cloud computing for the Windows Azure Platform? Would you like to be part of a fast paced and growing team in an org pioneering Platforms as a Service? If so, the Cloud Services Team in Business Platform Division (BPD) is looking for you to join our group as a senior level Technical Program Manager with a focus on driving our Global Initiatives program.
SQLAzure delivers on the vision of database in the cloud and provides a significant competitive advantage for Microsoft over its competition. DataMarket (Dallas), AppFabric, SQL Synch Framework, and SQL BI, all within the BPD family, each delivers exceptional capabilities which further enriches and differentiates Microsoft's value in the Cloud. This position is a golden opportunity to help drive strategic initiatives across all Microsoft's BPD Azure offerings, as well as ensure coordination and planning with Windows Azure and BPOS organizations. You will need to collaborate across properties, develop strategy, plan, manage, and track success of multiple strategic initiatives critical to Microsoft's success in the Cloud. Customer focus and a unique opportunity to deliver value across all of Microsoft's Cloud properties makes this an incredible position for a highly motivated, experienced, results oriented Technical PM.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you'll be responsible for developing relationships across all Microsoft Cloud properties, planning, coordinating and tracking progress of critical cross-property initiatives with high focus on benefits realization (definition and measurement). Collaboration will require spanning engineering and software program management, product planning, operations, business, LCA, BOS, TWC, CSS and many other teams. How would you contribute to our goal of delivering Cloud platforms that customers will view as the most reliable platforms on the web for business services?
The Ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- Drive multiple simultaneous projects with principal/partner level stakeholders via highly-visible world-class project management processes
- Prioritize competing demands to address and close on the highest value work
- Drive productive virtual teams of stakeholders crossing organizational boundaries
- Engage and guide technical discussions with senior technical leads across properties
- Ensure consistent, consolidated, and coordinated approach to all assigned initiatives (e.g. Certifications, Compliance, Data Privacy, and Data Governance) often impacting all Microsoft's Cloud properties
- Drive consistent and reliable Resiliency & Redundancy (High Availability), and Disaster Recovery engineering across the BPD Cloud properties
- Pre-define success KPI's and implement metrics driven project management approach to close on explicit value propositions quickly, maximizing progress transparency, and with high accountability to committed dates
- Minimum of 7-10 years experience with a combination of at least 3 of the following:
- BA/BS in Business, Computer Science, or related experience
- Exceptional communication skills and confidence working with senior levels organizational boundaries a must
- Track record of shipping software and services
- Audit, Privacy, Security, Compliance or Certification (e.g. SSAE 16/SAS 70 Type 1 & 2, FISMA, ISO 27001, HIPPA, etc.) related experience a huge plus
- PMP Certification a plus
- Six Sigma a plus
- Cloud computing experience a plus
- Strong technical architecture background a plus.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue, Creative, Web Design, Engineering, Engineer, Management, Six Sigma, Manager, Operations, Operations, Technology, SQL, Cloud, Project Manager, Database, Developer, Information Security
Microsoft - 3 years ago
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...