Deloitte Consulting LLP is one of the world's leading management consulting firms for executable strategy, operations, technology, and human capital advisory services. The consulting practice is built around integrated core capabilities - people, process and technology and industry expertise - the capabilities needed to help clients to tackle their most complex challenges.
Deloitte Consulting's technology professionals help clients identify and solve their most critical information and technological challenges. We provide advisory through end-to-end implementation services as well as outsourcing services and are recognized in the marketplace for capabilities across the spectrum.
Our experienced technology professionals offer deep technical experience in their area of focus and are committed to delivering efficient, technology-based solutions to our clients. Our professionals are also aligned to industry sectors. By combining our technical capabilities with our industry experiences, we create unmatched market offerings to solve our clients' business issues. Additionally, we have long-term partnerships with many of the world's leading technology companies, allowing us to understand solution alternatives and recommend and support the most appropriate solution for our clients. By leveraging these elements, we are able to help our clients convert leading edge ideas into tangible results.
Our professionals are aligned with a technology service line to promote the development of deep technical skills and experiences and improve our ability to tailor solutions to solve our clients' business issues. Our service lines include:
Application Management Services: Provide complete operations services for application management, custom development, and business process outsourcing for clients. Develop the post implementation go-live support environment, construct the transition plan from the project team to the support team, and support and maintain the client applications and technology infrastructure
- Application Management Services
- Information Management
- Oracle Package Technologies
- SAP Package Technologies
- Emerging Solutions Technologies
- Systems Integration
- Technology Strategy & Architecture
Information Management : Plan, design, and implement solutions that deliver and analyze information efficiently for competitive advantage
Oracle Package Technologies : Performs advisory and implementation services to address manufacturing, financial, human resources, customer relationship management, procurement, order management, supply chain, and other business needs throughout the enterprise leveraging the full suite of Oracle products (ie Oracle EBS, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Siebel, and Edge Products)
SAP Package Technologies : Perform advisory and implementation services to address manufacturing, financial, human resources, customer relationship management, supply chain, and other business needs throughout the enterprise with the full suite of SAP products
Emerging Solutions Technologies: Builds new practices that differentiate, complement, and augment our existing offerings in the enterprise application and eCommerce arenas.
Systems Integration : Provide Technology Solution Development and Integration across the SDLC including requirements, functional specs, design, custom development, integration, testing, and deployment. Deloitte's SI Capability maintains a strong focus on structuring, managing, and implementing complex technical solutions requiring deep business expertise, process optimization, and business operations knowledge to achieve significant and measurable business value
Technology Strategy & Architecture: Deliver Technology Advisory and Implementation solutions that extract and maximize business value from IT investments. Encompasses architecture, engineering, and operations services for the IT strategy, innovation, operations, and infrastructure required to deliver efficient and effective platforms fundamental to business success
Functional and Test Practice:
The Functional and Test Practice focuses on facilitating/eliciting the definition of requirements, use cases, supporting business processes, and functional specifications along with validation and testing services for our clients. We bring together strong process expertise, proven methodology, tools, deep industry knowledge, and extensive insight to our client's business operations and systems to provide high quality results across strategic advisory and delivery services.
Essential attributes of a functionally focused Manager at Deloitte Consulting:
A Manager at Deloitte is expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
· Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
· Delivery : Manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions for large companies. Responsibilities include, among others, managing teams of varying sizes in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures.
· Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
· People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
Managers in the Functional and Test practice are required to have:
· 8 years of relevant consulting or industry experience
· Minimum of 2 Full Life Cycle system delivery implementations
· 5+ years of experience with Requirements Management and Traceability Tools such as HP Quality Center and IBM RequisitePro and IBM Rational Requirements Composer
· 5+ years of experience with Prototyping tools such as iRise and Business Process Modeling tools such as ARIS
· 5 + years of experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML) for business modeling (work flows) and object modeling
· 5+ years of experience with Agile, Scrum, Waterfall or RUP Methodologies
· 5+ years of experience in translating requirements into optimized designs, and identifying design alternatives and implications on functionality, effort, performance and operations
· A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time
In addition, successful Senior Consultants will have the following preferred background:
· Have obtained one of the following formal qualifications:
- Certified Associate Business Analyst (CABA) or Certified Software Business Analyst (CSBA) from the International Standard of Definition for Professional Status in IT Software Quality
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) from the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)
- Certificate in Requirements Engineering or Business Analysis from the Information Systems Exam Board (ISEB)
· Experience conducting interviews with key stakeholders to understand and document the current business process
· Experience facilitating Joint Application Design sessions
· Experience defining future state business process
· Exposure to one or more of the following methodologies: CMM, CMMI, Six Sigma, PMBOK
· Exposure to TOGAF (or other architecture framework)
· Experience planning, tracking and delivering projects using Microsoft Project and documenting processes in Microsoft Visio
· Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong presentation and facilitation skills including development and delivery of Microsoft PowerPoint presentations
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
· Eagerness to mentor and grow junior staff
· A Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field
· An advanced degree in the area of specialization
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world’s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients’ will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits and opportunities.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/ about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
Deloitte - 2 years ago
Are you ready to Strengthen Your Lead? If so, consider Deloitte. The Deloitte U.S. Firms have 60,000+ professionals with a single focus:...