Please note that this role has been identified as an on-going
need for Rolls-Royce and there may or may not be a current
opening at this time. If no opening currently exists, you may be
considered for the role and then notified once an opening arises.
Rolls-Royce, a world-leading provider of power systems and services for use on land, at sea and in the air, operates in four global markets - civil aerospace, defense aerospace, marine and energy. We continue to invest in core technologies, products, people and capabilities with the objective of broadening and strengthening the product portfolio, improving efficiency and enhancing the environmental performance of its products.
The Team Member -Machinist position will perform a critical role within the manufacturing team. This will include performing a full range of skilled operations and continuous improvement activities. The Rotatives Supply Chain unit will manufacture high precision titanium and nickel alloy gas turbine engine components at the new Rolls-Royce Crosspointe facility. The Crosspointe facility, located in Prince George County, VA, is the first Rolls-Royce manufacturing site being built from the ground up.
Key accountabilities include:
- Perform Manufacturing/Operational tasks for which they have been trained consistent with the requirements of the team, statutory and company standards (e.g. Health, Safety, Environment, Rolls-Royce Quality Management System, Rolls-Royce Production System) including the manufacture and assembly of components and sub-assemblies
- Participate in process improvement activities and compliance methodologies in order to satisfy customer needs and cost reduction targets
- Follow production plans in order to meet customer requirements
- Participate in cost reduction/operational improvements in order to satisfy customer needs
- Contribute to achievements of cell performance targets
- Recognize and perform asset maintenance activities in order to ensure that equipment and facilities are safe and reliable to a high performance standard
- Resolve conflicts within the team in the spirit of team work in order to ensure high standards of professionalism at all times
- Gain Rolls-Royce certifications for production processes, share knowledge and train others for certification
- Work with other team members to deliver team objectives and requirements
- Initially this position will be on first shift but will later transfer to the appropriate schedule (2nd Shift) to support business needs as site development progresses
Rolls-Royce has a broad customer base comprising 600 airlines, 4,000 corporate and utility aircraft and helicopter operators, 160 armed forces, more than 2,000 marine customers including 70 navies, and energy customers in 120 countries. Rolls-Royce is a technology leader, employing 38,000 people in offices, manufacturing and service facilities in 50 countries.
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer.
Rolls-Royce is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and a barrier-free employment process.
Qualifications and experience
- 3+ years of experience operating CNC Turning, Milling, Grinding equipment in the production of high precision parts.
- Ability to read and interpret Technical drawings.
- Ability and knowledge to set up and standardize equipment
- Ability and knowledge to process parts, interpret and, evaluate results
- Ability and knowledge to conduct system performance checks in accordance with the applicable process standard
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of relevant product manufacturing and inspection technology
- Basic personal computer proficiency required (word processing, internet, e-mail, electronic data retrieval)
- 5+ years precision CNC machining experience in Turning, Milling, Grinding
- 3+ years of experience in 5 axis CNC machining
- Journeyman's Certificate in machining
Rolls-Royce - 30+ days ago
Rolls-Royce plc is a global company providing power on land, sea, and air. The company has established leading positions in civil aerospace,...