( One paragraph basic position summary)
Provides timely and efficient Service Desk support for supported information technology services and systems. The Service Desk is the primary contact for users when there is a service disruption or service requests in the organization. They also provide a point of communication and coordination between users and other IT groups.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
Key Responsibilities :
1. Performs cleaning, repairs, and maintenance of computer equipment to minimize user downtime.
2. Works directly with end-users installing and supporting hardware and software applications on desktop, laptop, and mobile computers.
3. Answers questions, evaluating and prioritizing incoming telephone, voicemail, email, and in-person requests. Escalates items to appropriate resources when necessary.
4. Processes all incidents and service requests using a service desk ticketing system keeping customers informed of their status.
5. Supports and installs a variety of client peripheral equipment such as copiers, printers, scanners, fax machines, phones, data and phone cabling, and network connectivity.
6. Assists in general inventory and tracking of all computer equipment, software, supplies, and accessories.
· High school graduate or equivalent. Associates degree preferred.
· Experience supporting and troubleshooting Windows PCs including operation of PCs in a networked environment, preferably in a domain context.
· Experience using Microsoft Office.
· Working knowledge of LAN/WAN theory, fundamentals and terminology. A+ certification preferred.
· Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users.
· Ability to perform duties under limited supervision.
· Independent problem solving ability is critical.
· Must be able to analyze and troubleshoot common computer problems and to learn new systems on the job.
· Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to focus and concentrate on details under pressure.
· Demonstrated capability to follow through on assigned tasks and meet deadlines.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical publications and periodicals.
· Ability to write procedures and technical documentation.
· Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to user requests in a concise manner.
· Physical demands include the ability to lift 50 pounds and maneuver in tight confined spaces.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk or hear, and to use hands and fingers for computer input.
Aloha Air Cargo - 21 months ago