Associate Sourcing Manager, Non-Medical
(Oakland, Pleasanton or Pasadena CA)
At Kaiser Permanente you can be part of shaping the future of U.S. health care. Kaiser Permanente, the nation's largest nonprofit health plan, serves nearly 8.7 million members in 9 states and the District of Columbia. The people of Kaiser Permanente Procurement & Supply put life saving tools in the hands of the health professionals who need them. By establishing the framework for mission-critical resources, products, and services, you not only impact the bottom line performance of the organization, but also the front line of care delivery.
Responsible for providing $264 million in savings to the organization in 2010, our procurement and supply professionals are intently focused on creating value, reducing costs, establishing supplier diversity, and practicing green sourcing. Apply your ideas, bold thinking, and business expertise to help deliver the results that enable us to provide high-quality integrated health care.
The Associate Sourcing Manager is responsible for all sourcing/procurement activities for assigned categories. Develops and implements a sourcing management strategy for these assigned categories. Identifies, develops and manages supplier relationships. Effectively negotiates contracts and long term procurement agreements. Develops and proposes metrics to analyze supplier total cost to Kaiser. In addition, the individual will participate in and lead change management programs to establish new processes and procedures.
- Works effectively in support of Sourcing Director/Manager to help them in their management of large categories with national spend of approximately $50 million annually. This includes applying SMP methodology to realize significant cost savings and efficiencies.
- Builds and maintains alliances and other high-level contractual/supplier relationships.
- Purchases and contracts for specific sub category initiatives, both national products and services of approximately $1M - $5M in spend.
- Administers national contracts and resolve claims/disputes in a manner that produces fair and timely resolution of issues and meets supplier's expectations.
- Determines key issues in a project or operational situation, involves the appropriate individuals and develops appropriate plans of action from multi-disciplinary perspective.
- Communicate persuasively and effectively to wide range of internal and external customers; influence peers and others with whom the position has no direct authority.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a combination of purchasing, materials management, warehouse operations, goods and services contracting, construction contracting, finance or other related areas.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, operations research, materials management, economics or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience required.
- Familiarity with employing strategic sourcing methodology.
- Experience in large contract negotiations.
- Basic knowledge of a) Supply chain management best practices, b) Procurement category strategies, c) Inventory management and purchasing systems.
- Experience independently developing analyses and reports, and presenting to senior management and customers.
- Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Full knowledge of industry practices.
- Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
- CCTE (Certified Corporate Travel Executive) highly desirable.
- Professional certification such as C.P.M. or APICS preferred.
- Vendor Program Management experience a plus.
- Experience working in a project-based and unionized environment is preferred.
Kaiser Permanente - 2 years ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...