We didn’t become the worldwide leader in money movement services overnight. The employees of Western Union have been the backbone of our innovative spirit—and continued success—since our beginnings in 1851. And it’s a proud tradition that continues today with the next dedicated, enterprising individual that joins our team—hopefully, you.
Right now, we are in need of a Manager, Prepaid Platform Administration.
In this role, you will be reporting to the Director of Product Delivery for Prepaid Services, the Manager of Prepaid Platform Administration has technical responsibility for maintaining our next generation SOA platform supporting Western Unions prepaid platform.
You are very comfortable managing a highly complex infrastructure through analyzing requirements and systems architecture, consulting with technology partners and validating tool standards as well as designing, implementing and managing key integration components interacting with platforms such as TIBCO, .net and Java.
As a Manager of Prepaid Platform Administration, you will be part of a team aimed at spearheading new platform development efforts by establishing early business requirements, define service design patterns, service oriented architecture and execute rapid prototypes.
In addition, you will:
- Effectively incorporates customer and market insights into system designs by working with Product Management and Product Owners.
- Stay abreast of industry and technological advancements and trends. Evaluate new releases of existing TIBCO products. Helps architect to evaluate new TIBCO line of products as necessary.
- Provide advice, mentoring and input on technical direction, tools and processes to ensure team success and continuous improvement.
- Build, install, configure and support the various components of the TIBCO based multi-tenant Enterprise Platform.
- Define, enhance & document standard installation, operation and rollout procedures for the TIBCO based Enterprise Platform.
- TIBCO Development and Design experience using the TIBCO suite of products
- Prototype creative solutions quickly, and lead others in crafting and implementing the technical vision.
- Provides technical assistance to Operations, Applications, Business Clients and the Help Desk in order to resolve production schedules or problems. Perform root cause analysis of reoccurring application and system issues.
- Collaborate on software user/acceptance testing as well as performance testing activities. Contribute to the development of test cases and test plans, as needed.
- Drive continuous improvement in our software and development process within an agile development team.
- Analyzing and reviewing business, functional and high-level technical requirements.
- Designing detailed technical components for complex applications utilizing high-level architecture, design patterns and reusable code.
- Supporting detailed project estimates and project work plans.
- Creating test plans for module-level integration and tracking/resolving defects.
- Identifying support issues, action resolutions, and providing technical assistance for complex problems.
- Ability to problem solve and reach resolution with a broader perspective in mind.
- Able to effectively communicate with peers, business analysts, project managers, quality control, and across other technology team boundaries
- Strong focus on documentation and development standards.
Qualifications and Education:
- Requires an individual with broad TIBCO administration experience on UNIX and Linux using the TIBCO Administrator.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks, ActiveMatrix BPM, EMS, Hawk and BusinessEvents.
- Experience developing Hawk rulebases to monitor the entire suite of TIBCO products.
- Knowledge and experience with TIBCO failover and fault-tolerant configurations,
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving problems related to TIBCO applications
- Good understanding of the software development life cycle, architecture and design, software craftsmanship and test automation strategies.
- Ability to work in high pressure, highly flexible environment. Must be a team player.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelors Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- Experience with administration, deployment and performance tuning of relational DBMS and SQL.
- Understanding of common change management, production support and application operations management processes.
- Strong analytical, good communication and inter-personal skills are required as interactions with business and end users a must.
Your next step? Apply today and move towards a better future here at Western Union!
With a 160-year history of connecting people when it matters most, Western Union continues to shape the world in which we live. Western Union offers one of the easiest ways for families and friends to send money and stay connected almost anywhere in the world. It all comes down to the relationships we've established over many years. We take pride in being close to our consumers. Together with our Agents, we speak our consumers' languages and live in our consumers' neighborhoods. And we share our consumers' cultures. We are a significant part of each other's lives.As a result, our Agents and employees are more like ambassadors. They are ambassadors of trust. Ambassadors of responsibility. And ambassadors of hope. They are the living, breathing manifestation of who we are as a company and everything we stand for: Integrity. Partnership. Opportunity. Passion. Teamwork.
Western Union - 22 months ago