Under supervision, this position is responsible for working on the phone all day in a call center to respond to telephone and written inquiries in a prompt, accurate and objective manner; conducting research on inquiries; and coordinating or handling resolution of issues. Spend approximately 90% of the scheduled time on the phone according to business needs.
1) High school diploma OR GED.
2) 1 year customer service experience.
3) Experience evaluating customer situations, making decisions, and responding quickly to questions.
4) Data entry and/or typing experience.
5) Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and independent decision making skills.
6) Analytical and organizational skills.
7) Ability to spend approximately 90% of the scheduled time on the phone according to business needs and sit for long periods of time with scheduled breaks.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1) 6 months data entry experience in an office environment.
2) Experience in accounting and/or contract management.
3) Referral preference given to applicants meeting testing criteria.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 years ago