As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
General Dynamics IT has an opening for an Intermediate Applications Systems Programmer at Stennis Space Center, MS.
Active Secret clearance is required.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a curriculum or major field of study which provides substantial knowledge useful in managing large, complex AIS projects, is closely related to the work to be automated, and/or in a computer science, information system, a physical science, engineering or a mathematics-intensive discipline or an applicable training certificate from an accredited training institution.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems.
- Prepares detailed specifications for programs.
- Designs, codes, tests, debug documents and maintain programs.
- May be called on to work on special graphics application programs such as, but not limited to; CAD, CAD/CV, or GIS.
- Works on most phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities including the installation of enhancements, security features, and analytical tools, but requires instruction and guidance in other phases
- Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and designs computer systems to process data.
- Analyzes systems and procedures to refine their formulation and converts them to programmable formats.
- Codes applications and tests to software requirements.
- Analyzes detail systems factors, including input and output requirements, information flow, hardware and software requirements, and reliability characteristics.
- Writes or updates software specifications.
- Records all inputs and outputs of systems, including file sizes, data bank requirements, variability of information and appropriate statistical measures such as frequency, volume, peaking, etc.
- Prepares and updates documentation for new or existing systems.
- Troubleshoots and provides technical support and solutions to users.
- Monitors system effectiveness in satisfying user needs.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
2-5 years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience.
- Knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures used in systems analysis and design.
- Portable Message Passing Interface (MPI) experience
- Proficiency in the use of one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
- Professional Certification(s) may be required, depending on job assignment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
- High-Performance Computing in DoD Supercomputer Resource Center, including PBS batch job scheduling system
- UNIX/AIX/LINUX Operating Systems used at the DoD Supercomputer Resource Center
- Programming skills in UNIX shell scripting (C shell, Korn, Bourne) and Perl
- Programming skills in FORTRAN, C
- Science background in one of the following disciplines: statistics, applied mathematics, oceanography, physical sciences, geophysical processes modeling, atmospheric models, meteorology, remote sensors, computational fluid dynamic modeling, or computer science.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
General Dynamics Information Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT),...