At Hytek Finishes, we provide specialized surface treatments, chemical finishing and non-destructive testing to the aerospace and defense industry. We hold processing approvals for every major airframe manufacturer and process parts for a base of over 800 customers worldwide. Hytek Finishes employs 230+ employees and offers competitive wages with an excellent benefit package.
This is an entry-level position in our Packaging department. Employees in this position package a variety of parts in preparation for shipping to our customers. Hours for this position are Monday through Friday 6am-2:30pm.
Specific responsibilities include:
Essential Mental/Physical Demands:
- Review customer and Hytek paperwork for instructions
- Follow technique cards and instructions from more experienced packagers to package various products, ranging in size from very small to very large
- Work closely with more experienced packagers to complete work and prioritize tasks
- May perform part-marking activities
- Perform work with strong attention to quality of product
- Sign off on paperwork as required
- Other related duties as assigned
Standing for long periods of time in a manufacturing environment. Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs. with assistance. Use of safety equipment when necessary (goggles, gloves, respirator, hearing protection, etc.). Often exposed to wet/humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. Noise level is usually moderate. Temperatures in the work environment can fluctuate with outside weather conditions.
Candidates must have the ability to read, write and communicate in English. Specifically, applicants must be able to read and understand written purchase orders and paperwork. Must be able to take direction from others and have the ability to work in a team environment. Candidates must be detail oriented and have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate longevity in previous work experiences. When applying, please include dates of employment for each previous position. Applicants with previous experience in a metal finishing, manufacturing or aerospace production environment are preferred.