Join the Picture Revolution!
Lytro is transforming the camera into a powerful computational photography platform and making conventional cameras a thing of the past. The key innovation is “light field” technology, which captures all of the light rays in a scene to create interactive, living pictures. Light field innovation enables unprecedented capabilities, including the ability to focus after a picture is taken, remarkable low-light sensitivity, and 3D viewing.
The company was founded in 2006 by CEO Dr. Ren Ng, whose research in light field photography won best PhD dissertation in computer science at Stanford in 2006 as well as the internationally recognized ACM award.
Lytro has raised approximately $50 million to date from Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock Partners, NEA, and K9 Ventures along with individual investors.
As an experienced System Administrator you are very familiar with responding to and troubleshooting system issues, network system alerts, monitoring and being on-call. We are looking for someone that can wear many hats and has broad technology foundations from networking to servers to applications.
- Installing, configuring, managing and maintaining desktops and servers running software such as Windows, OSX, Linux, Parallels and VMWare.
- Respond to requests (setup and support server hardware; troubleshooting of VoIP phones with 3rd party vendor; end-user escalations) via our ticketing system in a timely manner, always displaying a high level of customer service.
- Creating and supporting variety of virtual servers for various departments within the company, both Windows and Linux.
- Administering network devices, manage VLANs, troubleshooting network outages, maintaining VPN and WiFi networks.
- Adhere to and define security policies including areas such as asset tracking, system policy, and access control.
- 3-5 years of experience in system administration
- Experience and/or knowledge within VMWare VSphere 5 and ESX
- Windows 7, Windows 2008, Active Directory administration
- Linux system administration, preferably Ubuntu and CentOS
- Familiarity with SSL, SSH, 802.1x, LDAP, DNS, general knowledge of encryption
- Proficient in general networking principles; routing TCP/IP, DNS, VPN
- Friendly, customer service oriented attitude and a desire to help your co-workers
- Ability to write and maintain clear documentation
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to arrive at solutions independently
- Knowledge of Jira, git, gerrit, Jenkins, Confluence, Google Apps
- Experience maintaining OSX in a medium to large-scale environment; understands complexities of mixed Apple/PC environment
- Ability to write system administration automation scripts in shell, Perl, or Python
- Understanding of databases, web servers, etc
- Experience with Cisco and Palo Alto Networks