The Account Executive handles a high percentage of transactional selling with large number of accounts. This position is responsible for an assigned territory or category, and reports to a Sales Manager or Director.
- Proactively prospect, qualify, grow and maintain all sales activities, from lead generation through close in an assigned territory or category.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of the Post print and digital product portfolio (features, benefits, rates, etc.); use knowledge to overcome customer objectives.
- Develop prospecting leads using a variety of sources, including digital, radio, TV and direct mail
- Understand, demonstrate and explain to new and current advertisers the value that our print and digital products and services have over the competition
- Understand how the competition sells their products and services, including rates and specials
- Keep records of products sold to customers and look for ways to increase advertiser spend
- Create marketing presentations and update as needed.
- Create solution-based needs proposals based on information provided by the customer
- Actively pursue and maintain an understanding of current trends in the newspaper industry (including print, digital and other platforms)
- Analyze and interpret key sales metrics and develop strategies to reach sales success
- Work with appropriate departments to create compelling media solutions for advertisers
- Work with the sales and support teams to ensure accuracy and client satisfaction
Physical Working Conditions:
- Standing 10%, walking 40%, and sitting 50% of shift
- Lift and carry approx. 10 lbs. of materials as required for sales presentations
- Use telephone and computer
- Travel to and meet with potential and existing clients. Heavy driving.
- 2-4 years media sales experience. College degree preferred.
- Proven track record of success driving revenue (e.g., ability to capture and close the deal)
- Excellent presentation, negotiation and customer relationship skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities; demonstrated time management skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Must have valid driver’s license and vehicle in order to visit clients on site
Digital First Media - 2 years ago