This position is located in Oakdale, Louisiana and is responsible for maintaining control and order during court proceedings and escorts detainees or inmates.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains order in courtroom during detainee or inmate hearings.
- Controls courtroom activities by monitoring entrance or exit of persons and authorizing entry or exit of individuals.
- Provides escort services to prevent detainees or inmates with contact with others.
- Enforces courtroom rules of behavior and warns persons of disruptive behavior.
- Reports need for additional security or medical assistance.
- Monitors order or court procedures in courtroom.
- Recognizes public safety hazards.
- Applies appropriate physical restraints as necessary.
- Checks courtroom for security and cleanliness and ensures contraband is not present.
- Announces entrance of administrative staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- College coursework and advanced training in behavioral sciences, correctional services or related field preferred. Training in cultural diversity or sensitivity preferred.
- Three (3) years experience in a Detention Officer capacity with above average performance shown through an employee’s performance evaluations.
- Possession of applicable state requisites for employment.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with working extended hours.
- Must be able to regularly report to work without being late.
- Ability to be physically alert on any shift that is assigned.
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24 hour period.
- Work experience in a correctional setting preferred.
- May be required to possess valid state driver’s license.
- Must be mature, flexible, able to command the respect and confidence of inmates or detainees and staff, philosophically committed to the objectives of the facility, and possess a high tolerance to mental stress.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
The GEO Group, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job
The GEO Group, Inc. (GEO) is the world's leading provider of correctional, detention, and community reentry services with 106 facilities,...