Our Freeport, TX client is seeking a Safety and Fire Compliance Coordinator.
INTERESTED? SUBMIT YOUR RESUME ON OUR WEBSITE ONLY: http://www.frontlinesourcegroup.com
To coordinate the Safety Compliance and Emergency Response Program and to facilitate the Safety Training Program to all employees. To provide support and back up for the Environmental Department
- Order suspension of activities that pose threats to workers' health and safety.
- Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
- Investigate accidents to identify root causes and to determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future.
- Conducts risk assessments and ergonomic studies in order to prevent accidents prior to occurrence and avoid the need for corrective action after the fact.
- Investigate the adequacy of ventilation, exhaust equipment, lighting, and other conditions that could affect employee health, comfort, or performance.
- Develop and maintain hygiene programs such as noise surveys, continuous atmosphere monitoring, ventilation surveys, and asbestos management plans.
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices, in order to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
- Conduct safety training and education programs, and demonstrate the use of safety equipment.
- Provide new-employee health and safety orientations, and develop materials for these presentations.
- Collect samples of dust, gases, vapors, and other potentially toxic materials for analysis.
- Report or review findings from accident investigations, facilities inspections, or environmental testing.
- Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
- Conduct or coordinate worker training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment.
- Review employee safety programs to determine their adequacy.
- Interview employers and employees to obtain information about work environments and workplace incidents.
- Coordination of plant safety efforts with applicable departments as designated and approved by the Operations Manager.
- Review and update of safety policies and procedures for approval by the Operations Manager.
- Development of new safety procedures and policies as designated and approved by the Operations Manager.
- Development of personal protective equipment requirements for approval by the Operations Manager.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the lock-out hardware system as approved by the Operations Manager.
- Coordination of the OSHA sign and labeling system as designated and approved by the Operations Manager.
- Specify, price and procure personal protective and safety equipment as designated and approved by the Operations Manager.
- Submit safety equipment and supply list to vendors for competitive bid, as necessary and subsequent submission to the Operations Manager for approval.
- Maintain safety supply part list in ERP system
- Development, scheduling and implementation of plant wife safety training program as approved by the Operations Manager.
- Development of monthly safety meeting material.
- Development of weekly safety meeting material.
- Compilation and retention of all safety training records.
- Development and implementation of industrial hygiene monitoring and sampling program as approved by the Operations Manager.
- Periodic plant safety inspection safety inspection reports submitted to the operations manager for disposition.
- Reporting of unsafe acts or condition, as seen, to the Operations Manager for disposition.
- Coordination of accident investigation reports and paper work to personnel department and applicable agencies as necessary.
- Coordination with Human Resource Department on OSHA 300 log and annual accident statistics report.
- Compilation and retention of OSHA required employee hearing and respiratory records.
- Compilation, retention and update of OSHA required MSDS.
- Annual update of the safety orientation program.
- Compilation and retention of safety orientation records.
- Company contact and escort for OSHA representatives.
- Project management for design and installation of Safety & Fire projects
- Provide on-call consulting for Safety & Fire Protection engineering and compliance issues
- Assist in controlling hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities through interface with Project Management/Supervisory personnel
- Provide Safety & Fire Protection expertise on incident investigations
- Ensure all Fire extinguishers, hoses, connections, valves, and nozzles are maintained
- Keep safety and response equipment and supplies organized and full stocked
- Keep up with the Shockwatch program
- Calibrate gas monitors for field assignments as required.
- Create a monthly Shockwatch report that is sent to GM of Manufacturing
- Create a weekly report on Pond #4.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please visit us on the web at http://www.frontlinesourcegroup.com
- Minimum BA or BS.
- A minimum of five years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required.
- Several years of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training required. Certification in professional safety is preferred. ASP, CSP, EIT, FPE qualified.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/V/D. Candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S. Clients will not sponsor visas.
Frontline Source Group™ is one of the fastest growing Information Technology, Accounting, Legal, Human Resources, Administrative, and Clerical staffing and direct hire firms with offices throughout Texas, which include locations in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, Houston, Sugar Land, and The Woodlands.
Frontline specializes in matching top talent with companies for direct, contract, and contract-to-hire placements. We work with clients and candidates in all areas of the United States and Canada.
Frontline Source Group is a proud sponsor of http://www.jobertalk.com. Please visit the site to get involved with social job networking across the web.
If your resume needs some help, check out http://www.theresumecorporation.com to bring your resume the attention it deserves.
eBay Classifieds - 2 years ago