QinetiQ North America’s Services & Solutions Group delivers aerospace operations and systems, engineering and life-cycle management, IT solutions and services, software and systems engineering, and missions solutions. Our core offerings include: space engineering, software solutions and enterprise IT, cyber intelligence, systems integration and engineering, training, modeling and simulation, logistics and life-cycle management.
QinetiQ North America (QNA), located in Reston Virginia, provides technical solutions for complex national security problems.
QinetiQ North America is an AA/EEO Employer.
QNA is seeking qualified Software Systems Engineers. Candidates must be highly energetic, team-oriented individuals with demonstrated experience in specifying, coding, integrating, and testing software for command & control, data communications, HMI/GUI design, and control systems applications. The ability to work efficiently, communicate and coordinate with customers, peers and Senior Oversight Team is key to success in this position.
Primary duties include:
- Providing expertise on all aspects of software engineering including software design, software interface management, programming standards, software configuration and operations sustainability, test planning/development, test execution/analysis, performance optimization, and training
- Conducting advanced architecture design and pre-acquisition trade studies
- Developing CONOPS and use case development, requirements, specs, test strategies and implementation plans
- Advising customers on advanced research studies and applications to stay ahead of technology developments
- Providing technical assessments and recommendations via reports and briefings
- Practicing sound Systems Engineering and Management practices
- A minimum of 7+ years experience in a structured software development environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline required; Advanced Degree desired
- Demonstrated experience using C++, JAVA, C#, object oriented design practices, and embedded code development
- Understanding and application of SEI processes, CMM, software configuration management.
- Experience with Agile software development methodology
- US Citizenship, TS/SSBI security clearance, Current SCI with Polygraph required
- Some local travel may be required
QinetiQ North America - 13 months ago