It’s a great time to put the strength of Coventry Health Care behind your career!
Coventry Health Care is a $14 billion growth oriented national managed health care company based in Bethesda, MD with 14,000 employees in 48 states. We provide a full range of risk and fee-based managed care products and services to a broad cross section of employer and government-funded groups, government agencies, and other insurance carriers and administrators.
Coventry is currently seeking a Department Specialist to work with our Physician Network Development team. This position will be located in our Atlanta, GA office.
In the role as Department Specialist you would serve as a resource to assigned department by providing coordination and support to assist with the research, compilation, and analysis of data. Work independently to complete complex and/or confidential assignments based on the direction of department management. Use judgment and initiative in resolving problems. Determine methods and procedures on new assignments to identify and carry out work responsibilities. NOTE: This is not a secretarial position.
The ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES of the Department Specialist will be:
- Under the direction of department management, coordinates a variety of administrative assignments by outlining data requirements, working with various departments to obtain necessary data, providing analysis, and preparing ad hoc reports.
- Develops and maintains databases and spreadsheets to capture information for various assignments and reporting purposes. Reconciles data to ensure accuracy and completeness. Researches and resolves all data gaps.
- Participates in meetings; prepares minutes and presentation summaries; plans agendas; manages logistics; researches and analyzes data to prepare reports; provides general support and follow-up as needed.
- Responsible for the coordination, planning, set-up, and organization of internal and/or external business related functions, including accommodations and services, transportation, communication and facilities support, program functions, and other similar activities.
- May serve as subject matter expert for the department policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as required.
The ideal Department Specialist will possess the following:
- High school degree or equivalent. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Previous (7+ years) progressively responsible administrative experience.
- Prior Project Management experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and documentation skills.
- Previous experience with database software.
- Ability to use Excel with experience creating Pivot Tables.
- Ability to use standard computer software packages and applications.
This position requires excellent communication, attention to detail and proficiency with standard corporate software packages and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
CHC offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401k. If you are a results oriented individual who is willing and able to make a difference, please submit your resume & salary requirements to our online Career Center at http://jobs.coventryhealthcare.com/ (reference job requisition number 1310464 )
Coventry Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to building a talented and diverse team.
Primary Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Organization: 10000 - Coventry Health Care - Corp
Job Posting: 2013-02-06 00:00:00.0
Job ID: 1310464
Coventry Health Care - 10 months ago
In May of 2013, Coventry became a part of Aetna. We are excited to join together with common values and a common mission: empowering people...