Sales and Services Manager - Columbus, GA
Charged with leading their store’s services business teams through effective consultation, lead generation and developing ongoing relationships primarily with the small business customer as well as the core consumer. This includes specialized areas such as Copy & Print, Easy Tech Services, computing and mobile phones. Is responsible for building synergy and cross channel opportunities amongst these specialty areas and the store. Accountable for achieving key metrics through people management and building a best in class team to deliver profitable year over year sales growth, while delivering exceptional customer service.
- Leadership: Communicates effectively with store managers and shift supervisors regarding business opportunity and key customer client opportunity. Coaches and motivates selling specialists to strive to excel and stretch their capabilities. Has shared responsibility for MOD and total store operations
- People Management: Directly responsible to recruit train, coach and performance manage the copy & print, Easy Tech, mobile selling specialists. Is responsible to ensure that the store culture embodies Staples values and is commitment to the community. Leveraging ideas and best practices from the team
- Selling Results: Creates a culture of consultative selling with an emphasis on developing ongoing professional relationships with top customers through effective use of our CRM tool. Primary accountability to results within the services business (Easy Tech, Copy & Print and Mobile) Acts as a role model to the entire store through coaching to lead generations and consultative selling skills. Communicates with team on industry trends
- Customer Service: Champions a consultative and customer centric environment. Coaches every lead and sales specialist to create a culture of consultative selling and total solutions while focused on the customer’s needs
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Leadership: Inspire passion, promote collaboration, influence others, and demonstrate adaptability
- People Management: Develop team capabilities, Leverage Diversity, Create an inclusive selling culture, Build Relationships
- Selling Results: Listen attentively, Exercise insightful judgments, Inspire trust, drive for results
- Customer Service: Anticipate service needs, Deliver to customers’ expectations, Foster a sense of community
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Three to five years leading a sales team in a Retail or Service environment
- Ability to network and build community involvement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Experience and confidence leading a team of consultative selling associates who support the small business customer and core consumer while managing multiple priorities
- Has the ability to coach a diverse team of individuals and hold them accountable for results
- Exhibits advanced level of selling behaviors and models the way in all interactions with customers in person, via email or phone
- Experience using, teaching and coaching to a CRM (Salesforce.com) database to build a strong client base
- Passion for technology, production and office solutions
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.
Staples - 13 months ago
There’s a whole lot more to Staples than you probably ever imagined. As the world’s 3rd largest internet retailer and a trusted...