The Celestar Corporation has an IMMEDIATE NEED for Geospatial Analyst (Senior) to support our customer at Quantico, VA. Please review the position description below. If interested and qualified, we welcome you to apply for this challenging opportunity.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Active Top Secret Level Clearance with SCI Access
- Provide analysis to the Human Geography Branch within the Geospatial Intelligence Directorate (GID) in an effort to institutionalize Socio-Cultural Analysis (SCA)
- Provide the SCA models, along with the operating procedures and logic, to both Marine Corps forces worldwide and the Intelligence Community (IC)
- Provide expeditionary all-source intelligence and services to the DoD, and the IC to support the National Security strategy
- Provide preeminent intelligence enabling better planning for today’s decisions makers supporting mission accomplishment for the warfighter
- Develop a series of Standard Operating Procedures SOP’s and guides on each new or existing SCA model for both ERDAS and ESRI ArcGIS to include the conceptual or theoretical underpinning for each model and the intended benefits of the model
- Provide necessary data sources and individual variables/indicators to enable users to recreate data set on their own systems
- Provide input, expert advice and make recommendations on how to determine which datasets and indicators factors weight heavier
- Assess and validate the process for each model and document the process
- Develop caveats and considerations to educate the end-user of the variables involved in running the models with different datasets and indicators
- Develop models to support conversion/compatibility of ArcGIS and ERDAS software
- Analyze existing SCA models or new SCA models created by GID in ERDAS geospatial modeling tool to ensure they coincide with ArcGIS modeler
- Validate the results against the other to ensure consistency when used in either software
- Ensure models include but are not limited to mobility mapping; terrain analysis; counter narcotics; counter terrorism; hydrology; climatology; land use change; climate change; urbanization; natural disasters; societal vulnerability; ethnicity and tribal characterization; environmental-food-water security, atrocities and violence and other areas under the umbrella of human geography
- Provide training to MCIA GID staff and mission partners
- Deliver relevant and timely SCA information, models and tools that enable socio-cultural analysis available to the widest audience possible
- Provide training seminars and develop materials on the use of both the software interface and the models themselves, including the conceptual and theoretical basis of the models
- Collaborate with MCIA’s Social Scientists and SMEs and integrated into planned Human Geography training that is intended to further facilitate the integration of both socio-cultural analysis into geospatial intelligence and the integration of human geography into all source analysis
- Assist in the implementation of both classroom training for onsite personnel and an online tutorial on the modeling capability and Situational Awareness Tools (SATs) using the SOPs and small sample datasets
Come onboard with a company that Values its Employees!
- 11 to 20 years of experience; A Bachelor Degree in a field related to the support services may count for up to Four Years of this experience; a Master Degree in a field related to the support services may count for up to Two Additional Years of this experience
- Expertise and experience in geography, cartography and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) which includes skill in ArcGIS applications
- Expertise and experience in creating shapefiles, geo-databases, and features
- Knowledge of geospatial analysis software suites (GIS commercial software packages such as ArcGIS, ERDAS & SocetSet, including common office software to include spreadsheets, word processing) used by NGA to accomplish its mission
- Expertise in research information gathering for the following sources: Primary legal documents that pertain to the delimitation, demarcation and maintenance of the boundary, including textual descriptions, coordinate lists, reports and accompanying maps; Native maps, secondary source maps, historic maps used for extraction and comparison; mapping imagery for stereo and mono extraction at various resolutions using digital terrain elevation data sets
- Expertise in preparing source material for digitizing, attribution, digitizing boundaries from georeferenced and ortho-rectified sources, applying projection, datum, and coordinate transformations, georeferencing and ortho-rectifing source materials (maps, imagery) and extracting vectors from stereo imagery or elevation data
- Understanding of several NGA products such as Controlled Image Base (CIB1), Topographic Line Maps (TLMs), Digital Terrain Elevation Data (DTED), Shuttle Radar Topography Mission (SRTM), National Technical Means (NTM) in boundary recovery processes, including data retrieval and storage
- Active Top Secret Level Clearance with SCI Access
Celestar, a Veteran Owned Company, is Very Competitive with Salaries and Benefits. As an example, we offer Company Paid Benefits that include Employee and Family Dental Insurance, Employee Health Insurance, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability Insurance. We also offer a 401k retirement company match, paid Holidays and Personal Time Off!
Celestar Corporation is a leading consulting and service provider to agencies and organizations throughout the DOD and a corporate member of...