Summary / Primary Role : The Human Resources Benefits and Payroll Coordinator assist with the administration of various employee benefit programs and payroll. The primary role includes providing assistance to employees and other personnel with benefits, payroll and insurance billings.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
(Management may amend or assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time)
- Coordinate human resources procedures to initiate benefits including implementation of new benefit programs
- Arrange and assists in conducting employee information presentation and enrollments
- Maintain files for all benefit plans, including correspondence, reports and forms
- Prepare and setup meetings designed to help employees obtain information and understand company benefits and other related incentive programs
- Provide benefit orientations, enrollments, and claims processing assistance as needed.
- Review and verify the calculation of monthly premium statements for all benefits plans and resolve administrative problems with the carrier representatives
- Respond to benefit enrollment/termination/change questions received by employees
- Process benefit changes for Odyssey and its subsidiaries, i.e., address changes, name changes, additions, deletions – alert appropriate site HR Rep when additional communication is required by them or with the employee due to additional documentation needed
- Enter and track PTO data for Odyssey Salaried employees in HPL. Make sure the system is up to date with latest PTO information.
- Maintain appropriate supply of benefit items – i.e., Certificates of Coverage, 401K booklets, Summary Plan Descriptions, etc.
- Communicate with broker when issues with carriers arise
- Update COBRA carrier for any terminations
- Prepare benefit reports as required.
Update and maintain employee files regarding the tracking of raises, promotions, lateral moves, etc. within payroll system
Perform 401K audits. Flag for appropriate action.
Prepare payroll sheet with changes for payroll period and enter all applicable changes in system
Print out 401k transaction reports and advise appropriate HR personnel of changes applicable to their employees; enter changes on payroll sheet and in payroll system
Begin New, Receive and translate payroll files for all companies
Send appropriate payroll ledger files to Accounting
Make sure payroll state tax forms posted in Self-Service are up to date; provide latest version to HR Assistant for posting when payroll forms are outdated
Qualifications and Key Skills:
(The following are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills or ability required for this position)
- Bachelor’s degree (preference for concentration in Human Resources or Business Management) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two to four years in benefits or related benefits administration.
- Proficient in using office equipment and in Microsoft Windows XP Professional and Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and staff, as well as outside clients and partners.
- Professional demeanor with a high level of maturity, discretion and adherence to confidentiality.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, ability to prioritize, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Service and detail oriented.
- Committed work ethic with ability to work independently, multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Quick learner with a high degree of initiative.
- Ability to adapt and change in the work environment. Able to deal with frequent change, manage competing demands or deal with unexpected events.
- Dependable and able to follow instructions and respond to management direction.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather and analyze information skillfully.
Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation - 18 months ago