The Specialist, Technical Designer is responsible for researching and implementing standards for function, construction, and specifications as compatible with brand objectives and strategies for a specific division and/or brand. Responsible for product integrity and interpretation with respect to design, manufacturing, quality, and cost. Prepares technical specifications, works with designers, and factories to ensure that the specifications and construction are in keeping with the product brief. |
• Implement specification and construction standards for merchandise division and/or private brand, producing accurate specification packages including but not limited to sketch details, construction, and packaging details.
• Build clear and concise technical packages for specific product categories that meet the needs of all paths under the development calendar description.
• Support Design and Merchant teams with competition charts to include technical and construction details.
• Shop in competitor stores to determine product comparisons.
• Conduct sample review sessions making appropriate recommendations for specific and construction issues. Soliciting input from Sr. Technical Designer and/or Manager as needed.
• Organize and prioritize daily workload to meet deadlines by partnering with all cross functional teams as needed.
• Coordinate sample approval process with cross functional partners to meet all deadlines, raising issues to appropriate level for resolution in a timely manner.
• Develop strategies to support private brand development and to improve the larger technical design department's overall effectiveness.
• Works in conjunction with Design to create Style Numbers as needed by season.
• Travel to markets and overseas as needed.
• Knowledge of technical design principles, practices, and procedures
• Strong in Microsoft Office, Adobe, Photoshop
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Analytical ability to gather and interpret information to develop, recommend and implement solutions
• Stays current with trends and technical advances in the home industry
• 1-2yr experience in retail, product development, or sourcing
1 - 2 Years Experience
Preferred Minimum Education
Bachelors Level Degree
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...