Ensure Inmarsat Government networks, products and
services meet stringent availability and security
integrity targets through direct proactive supervision
of the Network Operations Security Center’s daily
operation and personnel. This encompasses device
commissioning and activations, network monitoring, fault
detection, isolation, resolution, central problem
escalation, and problem tracking and reporting, for all
facets of IP, VoIP, and RF satellite hardware and
services (data, voice, and video) within the enterprise
network architecture and infrastructure as well as
customer remote sites.
including interviewing, training, guidance, work
- Staffs shifts and supervises personnel which
assignment and delegation, and performance
optimum NOSC coverage.
- Schedules subordinate staff’s work time and ensures
broadband network, event monitoring; reactive
- NOSC proactive monitoring of the Inmarsat Government
trouble management support; fault isolations; and
diagnostics and repair.
Customer care staff
- Provides Tier II technical support to NOSC and
documented within the Inmarsat Government trouble
- Ensures all problem reports and NOSC activities are
QC/QA of all interactions, problem reports, network
- Actively monitors NOSC trouble tickets and performs
events, and outages.
- Monitors for and escalates customer chronic and
- Performs internal and external technical and
desks, NOSC, and management for service related
- Acts as an escalation point for customers help
tools into the daily operation of the NOSC.
- Integrates new network administration and management
Government On-Call Lists, Network Management System
- Maintains NOSC records including: Inmarsat
Topologies, NOSC Trouble Management methods and
procedures, and NOSC training material.
usage of all manual and automated NOSC tools and
- Insures the functionality, performance and correct
changes including new commissionings, activations,
- Coordinates and supports all network moves, adds, and
upgrades, deactivations, and decommissionings of
customer remote sites. Coordinate with Program
Management and validate customer requests for Service
and provides “post mortem” analysis and documentation to
- Provides root cause of identified or reported events
internal stakeholders as necessary
standards, and follows company procedures and processes.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies and
objectives for position including First Call Resolution
- Meet or exceed call management performance goals and
Rate, Average Speed to Answer, and Abandoned Call Rate.
operating metrics including fault management and
- Generates, documents, analyzes, and reports network
performance management statistics.
Government staff on an as-required basis, through
- Develops and provides skills to other Inmarsat
knowledge sharing and mentoring.
flexibility to change focus as necessary.
- Assists in special projects as needed, with the
- Provides NOSC, shift turn over, activity, and status
Req. Code : 185
Division/Department : OPS-Herndon
% of Travel Required : 0-10%
Skills : Information Technology - > Networking, Helpdesk,
Hardware Troubleshooting, User Support Skills
Customer Service - > Frontline Support
Offer Relocation : No
Shift/Hours : Rotating Shifts