Ideas. Energy. Excitement. Opportunities. In today's mobile world, it feels like anything is possible - and that's what inspires us to get out of bed and work for Nokia each day.
Our goal is to build great mobile products that help billions of people worldwide to enjoy more of what life has to offer. Not only that, innovations from people like you has made our brand one of the most recognized in the world. At Nokia, you will be part of shaping a new era for the mobile industry. And we want you to build a career which will inspire you and inspire others around the world.
Reality Capture and Processing Group at Nokia
The Nokia Reality Capture and Processing group is looking for a knowledgeable and experienced software engineer with experience in build automation/continuous integration to solve a variety of engineering problems and implement new software tools.
- We are indexing reality to create a 3D street-level datamine. This datamine powers Nokia’s next gen map platform with functionality ranging from turn-by-turn navigation and routing, to augmented reality and 3D mapping.
- We fully believe in this datamine and believe it takes ambitious, super-smart people to see its full potential. The Nokia office based in Berkeley, California requires vital contributions from each person. We are passionate and fired-up and need you to be too.
This is a crucial role in a new team, so your knowledge and experience has the potential to make a huge impact by building internal software tools that improve how we work. Compensation is competitive, benefits are great, and there are a number of additional perks including employee phone plans, shuffleboard, ping pong, happy hours & parties, and more. Our office is located in sunny Downtown Berkeley, near the BART station.
We are looking for intermediate to advanced level candidates that are motivated, enjoy working on a variety of problems, and don’t mind getting their hands dirty in Linux.
- Work with platform engineers to build an elastic compute grid and tools for operations engineers/data operations teams
- Develop continuous integration tools and processes that streamline testing & deployment of a large-scale data processing grid on Amazon EC2
- Develop automation scripts, daemons, and APIs to reduce operational overhead
What we’re looking for:
And ideally, you have a few of the following:
- Strong software development skills in Ubuntu/Debian Linux environments
- Experience writing Python scripts or applications and deploying them in production environments
- Knowledge of software testing best practices
- Knowledge of how VPNs work, how to maintain and deploy them
- Amazon Web Services experience
- Holistic understanding of networking and the Internet
- Three or more years of industry experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
At Nokia, everyone makes a difference and everyone is heard; we value a mix of cultures, genders, age groups, beliefs, interests and opinions. We operate in more markets than ever before, and our employees from diverse backgrounds have helped us shape Nokia into a company which means something to billions of people around the world.
- Experience with Chef, Puppet or similar cloud configuration system
- Experience or knowledge in auto-scaling mechanisms for servers or compute grids
- Experience with Jenkins or other CI system
- Experience building/maintaining .deb packages and PPAs
- Database experience, particularly MongoDB, CouchDB, or Cassandra
- Deep understanding of the Linux OS, developing daemons, shell scripts, cron jobs, etc.
- Understanding of concurrency and interprocess communication mechanisms
- Understanding of virtualization systems such as Xen
- Five or more years of industry experience
A career at Nokia means being able to make a difference. And we like to think we’ll give you an enjoyable and inspiring place to spend your working day.
Research & Development
Nokia - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Nokia is one of the world's leading makers of cell phones. First incorporated in the Finnish city it's named after, Nokia's business...