Responsibilities - Working with the Camp Staff Leadership Team to:
* Assist in the planning of the camp sessions.
* Assist in the planning and delivery of pre-camp training.
* Review all camper and camp staff physical and health history forms prior to camp.
* Comply with staff personnel policies.
* Recruit, hire and train camp medical staff.
* Ensure that medical supplies are ordered, inventoried and stored appropriately.
* Meet with or otherwise directly provide information to parents of prospective campers regarding the medical aspects of camp.
* Supervise camper blood testing, insulin administration, dosage adjustment, and medical needs.
* Meet with Camp Director regularly during camp season.
* Ensure the health and safety of all campers.
* Maintain ACA standards for health care.
* Arrange for medical and non -medical staff training regarding health emergencies including accidents, high and low blood sugars.
* Assess the ability of special needs campers to participate in the camp program and make arrangements for reasonable accommodations.
* Meet with parents at the opening and close of the camp session.
* Arrange and supervise the screening of camp staff and campers upon arrival at camp.
* Work with Camp Director to contact parents and ADA staff regarding serious illness or accident.
* Work closely with Camp Director, Program Director and Dietitian to ensure balance of activity and nutrition.
* Respond promptly to medical concerns, including accidents and low blood sugars.
* Participate in general camp schedule of activities.
* Participate in staff meetings.
* Report all incidents and accidents immediately to the Camp Director, and cooperate in the completion of required follow-up.
* Licensed physician with a specialty in diabetes and pediatrics.
* Demonstrated ability to work with children.
* Awareness of diabetes management and education strategies.
* Awareness of potential health and safety issues and ways to control them in the camp environment.
* Readiness and ability to adapt to camp environment.
* Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a team member.
* Demonstrated ability to organize medical staff team and provide supervision.
* Willingness to reside on campsite for entire camp period.
Get ready for the experience of your lifetime and embrace the life changing adventure of Diabetes Camp.
"Together we can Stop Diabetes"
American Diabetes Association - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard