G&B Solutions, Inc has an excellent opportunity for a Help Desk Specialist 4 in Washington, DC.
As required, handle incoming calls, and system alerts, log and refer the calls and alerts as appropriate, and assist users either in person, over the phone, or both. Provide technical and end-user support for commercial PC operating systems (Currently Windows XP Professional and Windows 7), COTS, and/or custom applications. As required, inventory user equipment/accessories, send/receive replacement computers/parts and update the database to reflect the status and resolution of any user problems. Assist with implementing new commercial software and perform other support tasks. Maintain records of contacts and system problem/resolution logs for trends analysis. Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve PC software/configuration problems, referring more complex issues to senior personnel. Install, test and configure software and/or monitor system/server performance if required. Assist in instructing and training new and/or junior staff. Assist with basic account management such as: resetting passwords, unlocking accounts, and modifying user groups.
• At least three years experience in customer/user service, in providing technical and end-user support for commercial PC operating systems, COTS, and/or applications software in person and over the phone.
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft client operating systems
• Thorough knowledge of commercial office automation software.
• At least two years experience working with LAN systems.
• At least one year experience monitoring system/server operation/performance if required.
• Experience using remote access/diagnostics software such as Microsoft SMS.
VSE Corporation - 18 months ago
VSE brings military hand-me-downs back into fashion. The company provides engineering, testing, and logistics services for the US Army,...