AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott. AbbVie combines the focus and passion of a leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capabilities of a long-established pharmaceutical leader to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. In 2013, AbbVie will employ approximately 21,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
Primary Job Function:
The Account Manager serves as the primary business contact for the client and is responsible for client satisfaction. The AM is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to accounts, as well as represent client needs and goals within the organization to ensure performance targets. In addition, the AM will build relationships with clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities
Reports to the Senior Management, providing regular input on all account activity, including status and call reports on a weekly basis
- Responsible for all client communications, conflict resolution, and compliance on client deliverables and revenue.
- Communicates the client's goals and represent the client's interests
- Provides regular two-way communication between the client and supplier, to provide strong team representation and set proper client expectations.
- Works closely with the Manufacturing Plants team in order to maintain a continuous knowledge of delivery status in order to identify potential issues and/or opportunities.
- Ensures that client issues are dealt with in an efficient manner, escalating to the Senior Management if needed.
- Understanding of company capabilities and service, and effectively communicates all offerings to the client.
- Must possess through knowledge of healthcare dynamics, manufacturing competition and market dynamics
Skills/ Experience Requirements
Within Operations this person will frequently interface with the following functions: Manufacturing, Quality, Program Management, Finance and Technical Operations.
Must be able to immediately establish high credibility factor and have positive initial impact when meeting with key account management being primary responsible for Customer Relationship Management.
Must be able to translate customer’s objectives and concerns and to determine the best approach to enlarge the existing client business.
Minimum Experience/Training Required:
An experience in the Manufacturing Plant ( at least 10 years) is needed with specialization in Supply Chain, Quality/Regulatory, Manufacturing.
Demonstrated advanced knowledge of and experience with Project Management concepts is required as well as proven experience in coordinating inter-functional-team
Must be able to handle large volumes of confidential data coming from different Plants and be able to determine how and when to inform upper management of deals that will impact operations.
Must interface well with third party executives as well as plant manufacturing staff.
Good presentation and relationship / communication skills are mandatory.
The individual selected for this role may be brought into this group as a grade 16 or grade 18, depending upon experience.
• Bachelors degree in business or technical field.
• MBA desirable due to the skills required to financially customer contract management.
• Project Management Professional Certification is desirable as well as Supply Chain recognizable Certification.
Significant Work Activities and Conditions
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods ( more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Yes, 20 % of the Time
AbbVie - 20 months ago