Develop new immunoassays (multiplex, etc), formulas, processes, methods for resolution of technical problems. Purify and characterize antibodies. Develop solutions to a variety of complex problems. Participate in determining objectives and plans. Schedule and arrange own activities to accomplish them. Contribute to completion of specific programs and projects by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Participate in determining objectives and plans.
- Development of new immunoassays including ELISAs and multiplex assays using Luminex technology.
- Develop formulas, processes, and methods for solution of technical problems.
- Characterize antibodies from in-house and external sources.
- Develop new assay methods.
- Conduct research on manufactured products (assays) to develop and improve products.
- Conduct research into properties, relationships, and reactions of reagents.
- Confer with R&D Managers regarding research, and prepare technical papers and reports.
- Prepare standards and specifications for processes, products, and tests.
- Develop solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Schedule and arrange own activities to accomplish them.
- Contribute to completion of specific programs and projects
- Bachelor/Master degree in Biological Sciences with 2 to 10 years experience in assay development or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- ELISA, RIA and/or Multiplex experience preferred.
- Experience in protein biochemistry (protein purification, Western blotting, Immunoprecipitation, etc.)
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team environment
- Must be independent and creative thinker with ability to solve complex problems.
EMD Serono - 11 months ago