As an Assistant Construction Superintendent with Bozzuto Construction Company you will be responsible for assisting the Superintendent with the direction and control of field forces (both Bozzuto employees and subcontractors) to ensure that construction of projects meets all parameters of Plans, Specification, Schedules, and Quality.
Our expectations of you in this role include:
Interpret Plans and Specifications to ensure compliance by Subcontractor forces.
Field administration, such as daily reports.
Ensure compliance with all government safety regulations.
Ensure meeting high quality standards.
Meet or exceed schedule requirements.
Conduct, direct, and control field meetings with Subcontractors.
Motivate and direct subcontractors and field staff.
Establish and maintain good relationships with governmental inspection agencies.
Establish good relationships with all the Team Members and Owners.
Maintain a sense of personal responsibility for the project from start to finish.
Maintain a safe job site.
Assist in managing the Field Construction personnel. In accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws this includes but is not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ability to read and interpret Plans and Specifications.
- Working knowledge of site development and wood frame construction.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret all types of contract documents relating to construction of property, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to perform construction material takeoffs and make estimates of future needs.
- Ability to get around site and through buildings while under construction.
- When performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk, hear, stand, and walk long distances including climbing stairs and ladders.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Bozzuto's mission is to create the best possible living environment for our customers and to do so in a way that creates community and respects the world in which we live. From the very beginning, our success has been built around our four core values:
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and 5 years experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of building codes.
Concern - for the communities we touch.
Creativity - in everything we do.
Passion - in our approach to business.
Perfection - as a goal worth pursuing.
Supporting these values is a set of beliefs or practices that guide us in how we do business and conduct ourselves on a daily basis.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
The Bozzuto Group - 17 months ago
We are six companies in one: The Bozzuto Group, a privately held, integrated real estate services organization. Together we create quality...