The Owner/Operator Manager will recruit, manage and retain a team of Independent Owner/Operator Drivers who will support TRAC’s intermodal operations .
- Develop and execute strategy to recruit, motivate and retain a team of qualified Owner/ Operators.
- Implement, monitor and manage Safety programs, processes and tools to ensure compliance with all regulatory and company safety requirements for Drivers and equipment.
- Conduct internal safety audits and ensure successful completion of all external audits and reviews.
- Create policies and procedures that promote a highly motivated Owner/Operator team.
- Serve as a liaison for Owner/Operators, Dispatchers, Operations leadership and other company functions.
- Maintain a Safe and efficient working environment and facility.
- Achieve established goals and objectives while successfully responding to unforeseen requirements.
- Prepare regular progress and status reports as well as ad hoc reports.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Qualifications:
- Plan, organize and lead regular events and activities that facilitate Owner/Operator feedback, problem identification, and process improvement.
- Plan, organize and lead regular events and activities that promote a harmonious, collaborative and productive work environment.
Special Position Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Three to five years experience in the transportation industry, preferably with specific experience and success in recruiting, motivating and retaining Owner/Operators.
- Three to five years experience managing an effective Driver Safety program.
- Current knowledge of all applicable DOT and FMCSA rules and regulations.
- Excellent communication, relationship building and networking skills.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Computer skills including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn proprietary company software programs.
- Ability to function effectively in matrix organization.
- Ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, dynamic, team oriented work environment.
- Ability to manage multiple objectives in a demanding industry.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to secure RailSafe and TWIC identification.
- Ability to work in an outside environment under all weather conditions.
- Ability to function effectively in a transportation environment.
- The work environment includes typical office facilities, company managed internal and external facilities, and external locations related to recruiting, customer activities, or other requirements.
- The work tempo is fast paced with stringent deadlines and multiple activities.