Graphics Power Architect
Job Description: The Graphics Architecture Team of Visual & Parallel Computing Group (VPG), IAG, is responsible for the architecture definition of current and future integrated graphics engines of client platforms (desktop and mobile) serving consumer and corporate businesses. In this position, you will be responsible for graphics performance and power analysis using the latest tools and technologies. Self driven and passionate Architect with knowledge in SW, OS, middleware & drivers who will work on extending platform battery life & address power gaps by leading cross-organizational efforts & identify optimizations in platform and graphics architecture. Research and development of next generation platform designs to continually improve the power efficiency.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Developing procedures, power analysis and design for computer components, products, and systems
- Analyzing power and performance on a variety of workloads
- GPU and CPU utilization power impact during graphics workloads
- Getting the optimal performance and power balance specifically focusing on graphics hardware components.
- Defining power and performance metrics, optimizing performance for a given power envelope
- Quantifying tradeoffs between power and performance
- Interacting with silicon design team, software kernel and/or driver development team and validation team in deploying innovative power reduction techniques
- Ensuring products conform to standards and specifications
- Developing plans and cost estimates and assesses projects to analyze risk
- Initiating, guiding and coordinating overall design and development of new ideas and products
- Responding to customer and/or client requests or events as they occur
- Developing solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment
Ensures platform and its components have the best performance and power balance specifically focusing on graphics hardware components. Research and development of next generation platform designs to continually improve the performance. Conducts system analysis on proprietary and competition platforms, develops advanced hardware tuning and overclocking.
You should possess a Master's degree (Ph.D. preferred) in Computer/Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Science. Experience should be in the following areas:
- 5 years experience in research and industry
- 3 years experience with visual quality test methodology
- 3 Years experience with C and/or C++ programming, Media Benchmarking, Boolean Logic minimizations
- 1 year experience with OS, SW installation, performance measurements and tools (iGPA, VTune)
- 8 years in research and industry experience
- Working knowledge of modern graphics architectures
- Solid understanding of silicon dynamic and leakage power components
- Familiarity with 3D, media, and display
- Knowledgeable about parallel computing, such as thread parallelism (function and/or data partitioning) and data parallelism (SIMD and/or MIMD) and ability to apply them to video and/or media processing
- Experience with industry standard graphics benchmarks
Nov 15, 2012
Nov 16, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel’s discretion. Intel invites people of all ages currently enrolled in an academic institution (or graduated within the last 18 months) to apply.
Intel - 10 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
At Intel, we see more inside the every day. We see potential, opportunity...