Provides excellent customer service by opening new accounts, resolving service issues, assessing customer needs and educating/explaining bank products or services to customers. Uses the IMPACT model as a guide to provide premier customer service as defined in our Customer Experience Service Standards, and communicates/promotes the Standards to fellow staff members. May assume responsibility for the Branch in the absence of the Manager, Assistant Branch Manager, Branch Loan Officer, or Branch Assistant. May perform Teller duties as required.
- Opens and processes new accounts, to include demand and certificate of deposit accounts, passbook accounts, IRA’s, money market accounts, safe deposit boxes
- Performs change of registrations, address, provides access to safe deposit boxes
- Provides customers with information on deposit accounts, rates, service charges, and other relevant account information
- Prepares paperwork for opening accounts, orders checks and ATM/Debit cards
- Researches and resolves problems either through direct action or referral to and follow up with other Bank resources
- Answers written and telephone inquiries from customers concerning bank services
- Keeps informed of changes in Bank products, services or procedures
- Maintains desired level of accuracy on work received by other areas of the Bank such as Operations
- Understands the Bank security policies and procedures
- Sends foreign currency checks for collection, sells foreign currency to customers (non-canadian)
- Functions as a teller when necessary, and therefore maintains appropriate cash drawer levels, maintains acceptable cash balancing record, and demonstrates high level of accuracy and efficiency when conducting transactions
- Provides guidance and advice in more complex aspects of tellers’ work
- May train or assist in training new employees
- May perform duties of vault teller
- May assign work and coordinate work flow in the absence of the Manager, Assistant Manager, or Branch Assistant
- Provides the highest level of service, demonstrating You Matter More to each customer
- Demonstrates ability to handle routine service issues independently
- Demonstrates solid consultative sales skills to assess and address customer needs, referring to other team members in accordance with Bank strategy
- Proactively conducts customer needs-assessment to maximize relationship deepening opportunities
- Utilizes the IMPACT process, reports, training and other sales tools to maximize sales opportunities
- Actively promotes the Bank’s services and products
- Contributes to the overall sales growth of the Bank
Compliance and Control:
- Assists in ensuring that the Bank is in compliance with local, state and federal regulations
- Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
- Conforms to acceptable punctuality/attendance standards as expressed in the Employee Handbook.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
Physical Demands/Conditions Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent customer service skills
- Previous teller and/or cash handling experience helpful
- Solid working knowledge of Bank products and services
- Cross selling skills, ability to identify and act on sales opportunities
- Demonstrated referral skills
- Demonstrated personal computer literacy
- Strong multi tasking, organizational and communications skills
- Resourceful problem solving ability
- Ability to work with little supervision
- General office environment.
- Moderate lifting (to 35 lbs.) required. Moderate reaching, walking, sitting and standing required.
- General office equipment.
Bangor Savings Bank - 12 months ago
Bangor Savings Bank has been serving Maine for more than 150 years. In addition to traditional deposit and lending services, the bank also...