This position has overall responsibility for all technical aspects of development for a specific product within the overall architectural structure of NBS, including design, code, work assignment, scheduling, support and architecture. The Technical Lead manages a dedicated group of developers, and interfaces directly with the product owner, customers and business analysts to define and prioritize work, and other internal technical personnel to implement solutions. The technical lead will also work with other Technical Leads toward tight integration between various products.
Technical Leads are also responsible for goal setting and evaluations of their direct reports, and may be involved in hiring new employees.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Responsible for the overall technical architecture of a single product.
2. Responsible for ensuring the timeliness and quality of work from direct reports.
4. Work with business people and customers to design and implement new products and projects.
5. Train and advise developers on best practices.
6. Ensure compliance with existing standards and processes.
For systems without dedicated system administration or database administration teams:
7. Create and maintain backup plans for the production and test environments.
8. Recommend, review, and test disaster recovery scenarios.
9. Implement, maintain, and monitor database security.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Good time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
2. Excellent problem solving skills.
3. Ability to work well as part of a team.
4. Ability to effectively instruct others.
5. Ability to manage stressful situations and meet deadlines.
Education and Experience:
College graduate in related field or equivalent experience. 5+ years of experience as a programmer/technical lead.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.