Job Description |
Buyer - 13001649
Schwan’s Global Supply Chain, a subsidiary of The Schwan Food Company has an opening for a Buyer to be responsible for purchasing assigned items supplies and materials and work with suppliers to negotiate contracts for current or future purchased items.
This position is in our Salina, KS facility which is the largest pizza manufacturing facility in the country and the largest employer in the city of Salina.
Additional responsibilities include:
· Secures desired commodity quantities and varieties at lowest feasible costs that meet quality specifications and plant production requirements.
· Resolves QCD (quality cost delivery) issues with key customers (manufacturing marketing R&D and sales).
· Determines existing and future market conditions.
· Monitors and tracks supplier performance cost savings and continuous improvement. Participates on new product development teams.
· Manages trains and develops subordinates if applicable
· Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Years of Related Experience: 2-5 years of related experience
· Intermediate PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
· Intermediate proficiency in data generation from electronic systems.
· Intermediate numeric analytical skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing via reports business correspondence and procedure manuals.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers clients customers and the general public.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts interest commissions proportions percentages area circumference and volume.
· Good communication skills both verbally and in writing.
· The ability to manage multiple assignments meet deadlines achieve objectives manage confidential information and work cooperatively in groups.
Primary Location : US-Kansas-SALINA-KS-3019 SCANLON AVE (0763)
Overtime Status : Exempt
The Schwan Food Company
- 2 years ago - save job