Working with the Camp Staff Leadership Team:
- Participate in pre-camp training.
- Review all camper and camp staff physical and health history forms prior to camp.
- Comply with staff personnel policies.
- Comply with camp medical procedures.
- Provides supervision of nursing staff.
- Assist with camper blood testing, insulin administration, dosage adjustment, and medical needs.
- Consults with Camp Medical Director regularly during camp season.
- Ensure the health and safety of all campers.
- Assist with camper and staff health emergencies including accidents, high and low blood sugars.
- At the direction of the Camp Medical Director assists with the care of special needs campers.
- Assists with the screening of camp staff and campers upon arrival at camp.
- Respond promptly to medical concerns, including accidents and low blood sugars.
- Participate in general camp schedule of activities.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Report all incidents and accidents immediately to the Camp Director, and cooperate in the completion of required follow-up.
- Other duties as assigned by the Camp Medical Director.
- Registered Nurse, CDE, licensed in the state camp operates.
- Experience in diabetes management and education.
- Demonstrated ability to work with children.
- Awareness of diabetes management and education strategies.
- Awareness of potential health and safety issues and ways to control them in the camp environment.
- Readiness and ability to adapt to camp environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to organize nursing staff team and provide supervision.
- Willingness to reside on campsite for entire camp period.
Get ready for the experience of your lifetime and embrace the life changing adventure of Diabetes Camp.
"Together we can Stop Diabetes"
American Diabetes Association - 16 months ago